Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

27 Jul 2007, 1:08 am

Today I went to the movie screening and saw the movie. I got there four hours early before the movie started so I was one of the earliest people there. The show is extremly funny and they even had a movie screening reference in it and it sure fit the situation well. And what Bart was writing on the board about He will not download this movie illegally, something like that. The movie had a bad review though in a local paper here and after seeing the movie, I saw why it had a bad review. The ending sucked IMO, and there were a lot of funny things in it but were dumb. But you will love the movie if you're a Simpsons fan. But when the credits start, stay during them because Maggie says something and also every now and then the credits turn into a movie screen in the auditorium and the seats appear too on screen at the bottom and the auditorium janaitor is cleaning in front of the seats and he says some funny lines too about his job.
The news people and the radio DJs were there too and after the movie, the local TV station here was interviewing a few people and the news reporter interviewed me and the guy I brought with as a guest. She recognized me from the Pioneer Courthouse Square when I was there for the simpsons couch event on July 8th. That's where I won the movie ticket for the screening.

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 11:19 am

I have a question about the movie, what was with the domes in Springfield and how or why was Homer riding on it with the motercycle?

27 Jul 2007, 12:14 pm

Springfield was the most polluted city in the USA so they put a dome over them to keep the pollution in and the people in too.

Homer had to throw out a bomb the gov put in the dome to blow up Springfield so they can build a new grand canyon. They were going to blow the residents up too with it. There was a hold at the top of the dome the gov can take on and off to bring in the bomb.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 1:22 pm

I am going to see it tomorrow.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 2:00 pm

I am not going to tell anyone how it turned out because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Tim

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2007, 11:31 am

I saw the Simpsons movie yesterday and I liked it. It was pretty good flick. Even though it appeared like a extended Simpsons episode it was good and had a bit of a different feel to it.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 12:10 pm

It was like an episode from post 2000, when things went downhill, but were still funny. I liked it, I suppose.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 12:24 pm

I saw the advanced screening last Thursday.

It's good, very funny, but could've done better.

If it were much ruder and on the adult levels of Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, then I would of loved it.

They got away with saying as much as crap, and ass.

Meh, over here in the UK it was rated a PG, what are you gonna do?

Besides, I hope they suddenly bring out "THE EXTENDED ADULT VERSION" of the movie when it comes out on DVD, even thought that's highly unlikely. :(

dalhousie12
Veteran
Veteran

Location: A frozen baron wasteland, me and my friend tuk have to watch out for flying frozen hockey pucks Eh!

29 Jul 2007, 8:33 pm

I liked the movie, it was very well done, the graphics were very amazing. I espcially like near the end of the movie that has a strong tie to an epsiode from almost 15 years ago. I got a kick out of a certain object that was still there. Thats all i will say because i don't want to ruin it for anybody. It wasn't as funny as i was expecting but i still enjoyed it.

Ramblin_JeffreyLee
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jul 2007, 12:36 am

*SPOILER!*

I was surprised at how funny it was considering how bad the show has become.
Also they didn't stuff it full of annoying celebrity cameos there was only two of them, and both were handled great (Green Day get's killed, and Tom Hanks was funny)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 1:52 am

Alternative wrote:

If it were much ruder and on the adult levels of Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, then I would of loved it.

Besides, I hope they suddenly bring out "THE EXTENDED ADULT VERSION" of the movie when it comes out on DVD, even thought that's highly unlikely. :(

They did show Bart's wiener, though.

Tim

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2007, 3:34 pm

I saw it yesterday.

It wasn't too bad overall (and at least I now know what people meant when they spoke of 'Spider-Pig', but there were parts that could have perhaps been slightly better handled and the environmental message was a pudding that was more than a little over-egged.

But who am I to complain, i've not made a cartoon to rival it...

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 3:41 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Alternative wrote:

They did show Bart's wiener, though.

Tim

:lol: That I was not expecting.

Isn't he meant to have hairs though? :lol:

Kidding.

I bet the writers chucked that in just to satisfy those who wish to see the simpsons with no drawn clothes on. :lol:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 1:15 pm

It pushes the limits of its PG-13 rating.
For example, Homer gives a rioting crowd the finger & yes, full-frontal Bart.

Asby
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2007, 2:15 pm

Oh come PG-13 ! its not that rude and i think its a really good movie and it must have been difficult for Matt Gorieing not to run out of ideas during a movie like most series to movies do. 5/5

Mishcana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2007, 9:19 pm

It was very funny. And the way they handled parts nude scene was actually quite amusing. I didn't expect them to show, until poof, there it was.

The funniest part of the movie, though, was when the spider pig scene came on - and the entire theatre of kids started singing with homer o.O It was quite unusual.