Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2023, 3:51 pm

Just not in height. Approximately in seasons 1-10 Bart and Lisa are more like typical children, and Maggie is more like a typical baby. Then from approximately season 11 onwards they seem to be more like teenagers. I think the animators should have made them a bit older in their height after season 14 or 15 maybe, but still kept them in the same clothes for the sake of simplicity, but just a bit taller so that their ages match their characters. And they could have even made Maggie a bit older, perhaps still with a pacifier but a little bit taller and getting the woman who voiced Lisa to do the voice for Maggie when she does talk. I think the show would be more interesting if Maggie became more prominent instead of a forgotten main character who is often excluded from the outings the family go on.
But then I suppose the animators would have to change their schools to middle/high school and have different school teachers.

What do you think? Discuss. :)

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2023, 4:41 pm

There could've been a lot of humour about Bart being a teenager and getting older . They could have been replaced by a second set of kids.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2023, 4:43 pm

I dunno about the kids but the show itself has aged in my opinion. :lol:

Seriously though, I used to love this show but I think it has been on way too long just like Family Guy and Spongebob. I wish all these shows were allowed to end when they were still good. :|

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2023, 5:48 pm

I put this thread in random discussion because I feel my threads in television etc don't get replied to, but it doesn't matter.

I'm glad the Simpsons are still going, but I feel like it ended at season 20 for me because they won't release any more seasons on DVD, and I don't have Disney+ or Netflix.

Although I find the jokes in the newer Simpsons a bit naff and sometimes even childish, I still enjoy them, because I like the brighter quality on the screen (the older seasons quality feels faded like watching an old videotape). I know a lot of the jokes in the newer seasons sometimes go on for way too long and seem irrelevant to the scene. And I don't like the way some of the characters are way too exaggerated.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2023, 12:55 am

I think it's more a matter of them starting to stretch reality more and more with them. Slightly more mature plots were imposed, but they were in a world that was more outlandish in general.

Although let's face it, Bart is Homer's age now.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Mar 2023, 11:12 pm

klanka wrote:
There could've been a lot of humour about Bart being a teenager and getting older . They could have been replaced by a second set of kids.

There was literally an episode back in 2016 where Bart, Lisa, and even Maggie hit puberty after drinking milk with hormones in it. In that episode, Bart grew a mustache, Lisa developed acne, and Maggie grew a unibrow.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 3:12 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Just not in height. Approximately in seasons 1-10 Bart and Lisa are more like typical children, and Maggie is more like a typical baby. Then from approximately season 11 onwards they seem to be more like teenagers. I think the animators should have made them a bit older in their height after season 14 or 15 maybe, but still kept them in the same clothes for the sake of simplicity, but just a bit taller so that their ages match their characters. And they could have even made Maggie a bit older, perhaps still with a pacifier but a little bit taller and getting the woman who voiced Lisa to do the voice for Maggie when she does talk. I think the show would be more interesting if Maggie became more prominent instead of a forgotten main character who is often excluded from the outings the family go on.
But then I suppose the animators would have to change their schools to middle/high school and have different school teachers.

Well, Bart and Lisa did both have a birthday during the classical era of the show.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 6:46 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Well, Bart and Lisa did both have a birthday during the classical era of the show.

Bart actually had TWO tenth birthdays. And they've both had more than one first and last day of second and fourth grade. :lol:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2023, 3:43 am

klanka wrote:

Replaced by a second set of kids? That's a great idea! I took the liberty of preparing a title screen.