Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 11:45 am

Aerin wrote:
I love the hair episodes, somebody always cries about their hair. Hair always grows back, no matter how short it is. Also, there's always extensions and a supermodel could afford them. They are just silly sometimes. I guess that's why it is popular, it is rather entertaining.

oh, hair for a woman is a big deal. Centuries ago, the cutting and shaving of the hair was required as the final stage of taking holy religious vows in more than one religion. In Viking ceremonies, the hair is removed in cases of infidelity. Perhaps if you have never had long hair, hair is nothing, but if you have put time and effort and money into your hair, as well as emotional involvement, losing your hair is traumatic if you are not 100% for the change.

extensions, while definately do-able and affordable on the show's budget, are not an easy way, either. I don't know if you saw Brittany on the recent VMA program, but her super short hair had the 'best weave money could buy' and it was pretty bad . . .

"hair grows back" is cold comfort when you feel you don't look your best when exposed to the world on international TV and are probably shallow enough to have it affect you deeply.

just sayin'

Merle

Aerin
Raven
Raven

11 Sep 2007, 3:46 pm

I figure that if they're on the show, they are willing to do whatever it takes to become a top model. If a radical change in appearance is all they really needed, they shouldn't be whining about it. I'd be grateful if someone tried to make me look beautiful, even if it meant no hair because I know that Tyra or someone would tell me how to make it work. Oh, I really wish I were 5" taller and could even be eligible for such an opportunity. I guess I'll just have to keep watching instead.

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 9:00 pm

Aerin wrote:
I figure that if they're on the show, they are willing to do whatever it takes to become a top model. If a radical change in appearance is all they really needed, they shouldn't be whining about it. I'd be grateful if someone tried to make me look beautiful, even if it meant no hair because I know that Tyra or someone would tell me how to make it work. Oh, I really wish I were 5" taller and could even be eligible for such an opportunity. I guess I'll just have to keep watching instead.

ditto!! !!

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 10:13 am

jaleb wrote:
Aerin wrote:

ditto!! !!

obviously that is why we all watch, because we know that opportunity won 't come to us, so we go to it.

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 12:45 pm

if you go on the show you should expect that there is a good possiblity you will get your hair cut off!! ! If you are not willing to do that, then don't go on! duh! And if you do go on the show and you have long hair, stop bragging about it! it just about guarantees you're gonna lose it (remember Jae???????????????)

for everyone you meet is

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 11:16 pm

I never liked Americas Top Model, but I'll watch it now and see how Heather does.I do think she's gorgeous, and I think she can teach the public alot. I've seen how aspies are portrayed on T.V. I'd like to see how she does.

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 11:48 pm

Yes, I watched it tonight, I'm glad she made the final cut (at least of the 13). They are supposed to show her next week having trouble "dealing with" the girls in the house, and I am betting her posture is going to be a big deal later on. It will be interesting to see what happens next!

for everyone you meet is

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2007, 6:36 pm

Yes, I just heard about Heather on American's Top Model. I don't watch these type of shows but I hope she gets a chance.

Good for her!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2007, 9:28 am

It's great to hear about someone with AS on shows like that.

I don't watch those kinds of shows, though.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2007, 1:57 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
It's great to hear about someone with AS on shows like that.

I don't watch those kinds of shows, though.

Tim

you need to watch to support her! Just fast forward through all the drama crap (assuming you tape it first of course)

Or at least go to covergirl.com and vote for her for cover girl of the week!! !

for everyone you meet is

Desolation_boi
Raven
Raven

23 Sep 2007, 10:48 pm

This has really gotten me excited! I love ANTM already so now I've got another reason not to miss an episode. I hope Heather does well, she's really cute.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 3:57 am

When I saw this thread I managed to catch a rerun of the premiere. It was fun guessing who it was. But I ultimately settled on the one who talked about all the time she spends at the computer and about feeling uncomfortable in her own skin. Ya ta!

Aerin
Raven
Raven

28 Sep 2007, 1:02 am

I had to wait a while to watch the show since I watch it with my mom, but I thought Heather was really pretty. We just saw this week's today and it was kind of funny. I laughed when Tyra said that Heather probably an inpiration to many autistic people watching the show and saying wow. How many people with autism would even watch ANTM? People with AS, sure, but truly autistic poeple would probably not be watching. We also liked how she copied the girl standing next to her at the judging after Tyra told her to try to look like a model. She also followed the challenge rules better than the others, fitted jeans and a tank top. My mom found it a little hard to watch, so we might have to quit if Heather gets too beat up on. We're rooting for her, though.

TheWonk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Sep 2007, 12:54 pm

Heather did very well in her first photo shoot. I'm rooting for her, but realize that she may have a challenge when it comes to the interviews, ad spots, and the go-sees that the model contestants have to undergo later in the cycle.

If you check out this link America's Next Top Model Discussion on Heather, you will see lots of posts on Heather from parents of Aspies and others on the spectrum.

alex
Developer
Developer

28 Sep 2007, 1:26 pm

TheWonk wrote:
Heather did very well in her first photo shoot. I'm rooting for her, but realize that she may have a challenge when it comes to the interviews, ad spots, and the go-sees that the model contestants have to undergo later in the cycle.

If you check out this link America's Next Top Model Discussion on Heather, you will see lots of posts on Heather from parents of Aspies and others on the spectrum.

someone should mention wrongplanet on that forum... :wink:

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 12:25 am

I just saw the episode, it's pretty awesome that someone with AS is on TV.
Although have you noticed that she can't pronounce the word "Aspergers"? I hope she's for real.
Still, I won't hate...here's our girl: