Page 2 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Mar 2008, 4:20 am

It's back!

And to my relief, the first episode was one of my favorites yet :)

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2008, 11:06 am

I saw a clip of it, TBPH it looks totally LAME. Just more promulgation of stereotypes........... :roll:

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 9:41 am

Hilarious.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 4:37 am

It was silly when they all dressed up as the Flash LOL!

BadDad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2008, 11:37 am

This show is my favorite thing about Mondays. Actually the only thing about Mondays. =[

*Kicks Mondays*

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 3:23 pm

My dad any I watch this... It's funny because I can relate, I used to be a little like this, but then I matured a little. But still, its an EPIC WIN.

MY favorite episode was the one where they built a replica of the H.G. Wells's time machine. Sheldon falls asleep and dreams he is in the year 809716 (or whatever year was in the book) and is attacked by Morlocks. He wakes up, and one of the other guys is there, telling him he hired movers to get rid of the time machine. Then the movers come in, and they are also Morlocks... and then he wakes up again, having dreamt that he woke up before he woke up.
... that was the last part of the last episode, it is funny.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 5:26 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
My dad any I watch this... It's funny because I can relate, I used to be a little like this, but then I matured a little. But still, its an EPIC WIN.

MY favorite episode was the one where they built a replica of the H.G. Wells's time machine. Sheldon falls asleep and dreams he is in the year 809716 (or whatever year was in the book) and is attacked by Morlocks. He wakes up, and one of the other guys is there, telling him he hired movers to get rid of the time machine. Then the movers come in, and they are also Morlocks... and then he wakes up again, having dreamt that he woke up before he woke up.
... that was the last part of the last episode, it is funny.

I like the shirts with "Hungry Morlock" on the back.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 4:56 pm

ChristiansDad wrote:
Is it me or is the charactor of Sheldon an Aspie.

Like Routine
Very orginized. So distraought, that he cleaned up his neighbors apt while she was sleeping
Doesn't understand sarcasm
Very Analytical

Seems like most of the geniuses on the show are aspies.

I still belive Sponge Bob is an Aspie too. LOL

Let meknow what you think.

Its you :rabbit:

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 8:41 am

I like the one where Sheldon is sick and Leonard has to get his glasses back.

"OK, now turn it on."

"You mean I didn't have to crawl?"

I also liked it when they were controlling their house via the internet.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 4:42 am

I've only seen one episode.
I didn't laugh when Sheldon was talking. I realise that it's intended to be funny, and it often is, but I was too busy nodding my head.

Now that's a beautiful mind if I ever witnessed one.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 6:34 am

We had 4oD at home so I might use it to watch some Big Bang Theory (if they have any).

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 1:23 am

This show is just hilarious. I am SO loving it.

As a rule I hate all CBS sitcoms so I never even looked at this one. I accidentally sat in on the last 10 minutes of one show and I am HOOKED.

My favorite scene so far is when Sheldon first goes into Penny's apt and she says "Have a seat" and he says 'OH if only it were that simple" :D My husband did a double take on that one and said "How did they know??" :D

He about fell out of his chair when Sheldon tries the seat by the window and is alarmed by the glare. I hate glare SO much. It physically hurts me and my husband has a hard time understanding that because it doesn't really bother him.

I just love this show. It does still have that 'sterilized' stink of CBS all over it but in spite of that, it's a great show.

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 5:08 am

"Don't worry about Sheldon, he's a sore loser. Though to be fair he's an ungrateful winner as well."

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2008, 6:28 am

Yes, they totally stereotype aspies. But even still - those stereotypes are there for a reason :)

Namely, some - maybe even a lot - of aspies are like that :)

I mean, I'm not a physicist, but these are basically the people I work with every day :) I even know someone who's almost exactly like Sheldon 8O

I have to go to LA for a conference in august, so I'm totally going to see if I can track down a ticket to see the show taped - that would be so freakin awesome 8)

JayB93
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jun 2008, 3:44 pm

I love BBT.

I love how Leonard trys to be cool, really amusing.

Im a lot like sheldon, i love routine, I live by it, im very analytical and if im watching a funny movie or something, i will explain the joke or something to someone.. not all the time, thats just one of my things! The only difference is that im fine with sarcasm! :P

and penny is quite pretty too 8) 8)

Joe.

merr
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 3:24 am

Sheldon's sarcasm is great and he reminds me of a professor I once had. My only gripe is that NBC doesnt put the episodes online like the one hour dramas. :x