Schizotypal personality disorder and AS

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

psychedelic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Dec 2007, 1:06 am

Do you guys know anything about whether these two are positively correlated or not.

I'm curious.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 1:08 am

As in coorelated in a good way?
um....I have a friend who is kinda like that and um....it certainly makes things difficult.

psychedelic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Dec 2007, 1:16 am

Quote:
As in coorelated in a good way?
um....I have a friend who is kinda like that and um....it certainly makes things difficult.

As in if you have one of them (either AS or SPD), you have an increased risk of having the other.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 1:18 am

Why is this in the TV Film and Entertainment forum? Use the correct forum.

On sabbatical...

criss
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 5:59 am

I think there are many connections here with the skitz and AS, especially for people in the spectrum who were abused. as a child I was abused day in and day out, and I developed a personality disorder in order to survive. dissociation etc. I have learned that there is a BIG BIG difference between my skitz stuff and my AS stuff.

My skitz stuff revolves around un life affirming de catastrophizing type stratigies such as trauma related OCD, where as my AS decompromising stratigies are life (my life) affirming.

The nervous system of a person in the spectrum mimics that of a person who has experienced trauma, is very prone to hyper-arousal, so inevitably there will be overlaps.

although one is neurological and the other aquired they are very similer, but very different also

"We are here on earth for a little space to learn to bear the beams of love." (William Blake)

Thank God for science, but feed me poetry please, as I am one that desires the meal & not the menu. (My own)