Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 2:45 pm

In an alternate reality where monsters are an everyday fact of life, the Earth is edging closer to Armageddon. The Cold War is still going on. Reagan is still President due to some old Congressional magic, but is currently incapacitated due to Alzheimer's, so H.W. has assumed control. Tensions are thick between kaiju and human; both despise each other for what they've done. On the technologically advanced maze/fortress that is the island of Japan, young and old clash. The country has become a repressive police state. Into this maelstrom come two characters, different and yet very much alike: Godzilla and a schoolboy named Ichiro Tanaka. Godzilla, a relative of the original that perished in '54, is misanthrope; he hates mankind for what's been done to him, and his anger isolates him. From his friends. From his own son. Ichiro Tanaka is a boy without a life. He and his drug-addled Education Mama don't get along well, he has no real friends, and is mostly seen by his peers as a slacker, a geek or something to be stomped on the curb. He's an amateur kaijuologist, has been since his old man died in a G-attack. When Godzilla comes to town for some radiation, Ichiro seizes the opportunity to study him. At the same time, a certain three-headed God of Destruction comes to Earth on a meteorite. Ichiro and Godzilla get themselves connected in a way they'd never imagined. Both have choices to make: benefit themselves or save the planet.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 2:56 pm

And we find out that Ozymandias was behind it all, and the whole thing was an elaborate plan to get the superpowers of the world to stop fighting. :P

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 6:18 pm

:lol:

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm

*chanting* Go-jira... Go-jira... Go-jira... Go-jira...

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 5:30 pm

I quite like the part about Godzilla Junior coming to town for a radiation fix. That one line conjures up an image of Godzilla as a hermit, living up in the mountains, addicted to radiation. He has carved out a huge cave where he keeps broken containers of spent nuclear plant fuel, which he takes hits off of to get stoned. He has finally run out of stash and needs to get some new stuff.

The ending needs some work. I like the boy and Godzilla junior becoming friends. Maybe the boy could find him up in the mountains sleeping off a radiation high. Perhaps the boy persuades Godzilla Junior to become a power plant all by himself by breathing on some fuel and creating fusion power? Or he gives himself up for capture so he can become an attraction that draws people from all over the world to Japan to see him and pay huge fees to do so. (Being supplied with radiation so he can get drunk after his performances.) After becoming a Jurassic Park exhibit the 3 headed monster comes to rescue him, and Godzilla junior has to explain to him that he's Ok with being captured and displayed.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

I must say, that would make a cracking script ! !

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2011, 8:26 pm

I like this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpBkc2jK-6w

Titled: Bambi meets Godzilla.

ruveyn

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 2:55 pm

I really must be honest and say I plan to steal the basic idea, just the kernel.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 9:59 am

f**k you.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 5:54 am

Your Godzilla Jr. must be tripping on the radiation from the recent nuclear reactor disaster in Japan.

I dunno.

Maybe you could make it into a parody of Lassie ( Godzilla Come Home!). A heart tugging tale of a boy and his 90 story tall fire breathing reptilian companion.