Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 5:46 pm

You either love it or you hate it. Personally, I have a love-hate relationship with the Eurovision Song Contest, but it's here to stay, no matter what you think of it. I really don't like the fact that the 'big four' (UK, France, Germany and Spain) automatically qualify for the final, due to monetary contributions alone. They should participate in a semi-final just like everyone else (except last year's winner, who also hosts the contest). I predict that the big four will all end up with a low result in the final.

So, who do you think will win this year? I correctly predicted that Serbia would win last year, so this year, I'm going to pick Sweden, as it sounds like a generic Eurovision winner song, although I'd like to see Latvia win.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 4:08 am

I haven't watched the Eurovision Song Contest in ten years, but I used to like it a lot. My favourite songs (only a few of whom won) were "Tu te reconnaitras" (LUX 1973), "Ding-a-Dong" (NL 1975), "L'oiseau et l'enfant" (FR 1977), "Fleur de liberté" (BE 1974), "Let Me Be The One" (GB 1975), "Disco Tango" (DK 1979), "Socrates" (GR 1979), "Poupée de cire, poupée de son" (LUX 1965) and "Cinéma" (CH 1980).

AMessageToYourHeart
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 May 2008, 10:30 am

:P i love eurovision some of my favourite entries i loved 2004 winner ruslana and the 2005 winner helena paparizou
my favourite participents are
Samantha Janus-A Message To Your Heart (UK Entry 1991)
Katie Price-Not Just Anybody (one of the UK entries in 2005)
Charlotte Nilsson-Take Me To Your Heaven (sSweden Entry ) 1999 winner
Celine Dion-Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi (winner 1988)
Ruslana-Wild Dances (winner 2004)
Helena Paparizou-My Number One (winner 2005)

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 5:51 am

Trouble with Euorvision is that no matter how good the songs are, all the eastern countries are going to vote for each other, rendering the contest pointless.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 10:08 am

TheAPERSON wrote:
Trouble with Euorvision is that no matter how good the songs are, all the eastern countries are going to vote for each other, rendering the contest pointless.

exactly,but if the uk did a very strong song for once [and not a nasty aqua type song] it would show up their bias even more.

am hope finland win,have heard theyve got a metal band again.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 10:29 am

hate it, we have to wait till next Saturday to see a new episode of doctor who because of it :!: :evil: