Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2008, 3:26 pm

Hey there. I know many people here like anime as do I, but lately I have been enjoying watching live action television shows from Japan. I typically get mine from Bittorrents as they are not licensed in the US.

A couple I have watched recently is Say I Love You. A bitter, sweet love story involving a reclusive deaf/mute artist.
At Home Dad, a show about a family that ends up taking a real look at what makes a family work and the roles of men and women at home and in the world at large.

Anyone else enjoy Japanese Drama or other TV shows?
What are some suggestions to watch?

ingenue
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Mar 2008, 8:33 pm

I love dorama too, well not all of them. I suggest you to watch:

Nobuta Wo Produce

My most favorite dorama ever. The premise perhaps doesnt look special, but don't underestimate it. I didn't consider to watch it when I read the premise. I decided to watch it because I was bored and need something to do, and gosh...I was so blown away. It's sweet, hilarious, and really inspiring.

Nodame Cantabile

Funniest show ever!! You will love classical music more, after watch it.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 11:59 pm

Damm, I just swatted my monitor, stupid bug was fake, got to get my eyes checked

I like some anime, Akira , and just seen Paprika, which I thought was quite good

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2008, 9:31 am

Ingenue, Thank You!

I started watching Nodame Catabile and found myself actually laughing out loud. I seldom do that even with shows I like. Nodame wa kawaii!
I enjoy classical music, but have not really listened to any in a long while. I feel like digging through my parent's CD collection and putting all the classicals on my mp3 player now. I already am walking around the house conducting to the music in my head.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2008, 4:58 am

MONKEY!! !
--------------
Actually I saw a lot of drama shows in Japan but didn't often manage to get "into" any of them. Did like the occasional one but none were memorable enough to remember.

ingenue

29 Mar 2008, 10:55 pm

Glad you like it, kclark :D