Page 5 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 12:27 pm

LORD OF THE RINGS!

God I want those, what, 7 hours? Back. MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSS

EPIC FAIL. Frodo totally wanted to do Sam. Vice versa.

Edit for great justice: Elijah wood = total homo.

Lil_Miss_Gloo
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jun 2008, 4:25 pm

For me it's got to be Click and The Butterfly Effect. Fist one was Crude, second one scared the hell out of me.
I tend to generally stay away from lowbrow comedies and Legally Blonde type chick- flicks.

Oh, and Flash Gordon.

merr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 1:20 am

Bluesummers wrote:
LORD OF THE RINGS!

God I want those, what, 7 hours? Back. MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSS

EPIC FAIL. Frodo totally wanted to do Sam. Vice versa.

Edit for great justice: Elijah wood = total homo.
hahaha

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Dec 2009, 9:17 pm

I realize this thread is a little old, but my wife has a movie on tonight that I really dislike about as much as the flashing ad thats strobing on and off on the side of my computer screen right now about saying I am the 100,000th visitor.

Anyway, this movie is one that almost causes me to have a meltdown. If I had to watch it for a length of time, I might have a meltdown.

It is My Fair Lady.

I find many of the people's voices hard to tolerate (loud and screechy like Eliza). I find the music annoying. I like many of the old musicals and movies, but this one I just do not tolerate well. It gets on my nerves.

Anyway, I feel better now for ranting about it. I realize many of you probably like this movie, but since we are all individuals, we have different tastes. And I just do not have the taste for this movie.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 9:59 am

Romance comedies are my absolute worst movies.
Anything with Julia Roberts in it especially.

Also can't stand horror films like Nightmare on Elm St, Friday the 13th, or the teen horror series Scream. Just don't get why there are horror films.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2009, 12:13 pm

I don't hate a particular genre, since I feel that every genre can have good movies. I don't care too much for horror movies, and while I've seen quite a few good ones, a lot of horror movies never really did much for me.

The kinds of movies that I hate more than anything is any movie that tries to be artier and smarter than it actually is. I remember watching a movie called "Head", which starred The Monkeys and it tried to be this arty, psychedelic movie that had moments that comment on consumerism, and a bunch of other crap, but it just came off as random bulls**t that never comes across as smart. The movie was just lying to the viewer and itself about how thoughtful it is. I just watched Under Siege with Steven Segal, which was a cheesy action flick, but at least that movie never tried to be smarter than it actually was. I just feel insulted and feel like my time was wasted watching a movie that tries to be arty and use a lot of clever symbolism and all that crap, but it's all meaningless if you don't have a good story to back it up.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 12:50 pm

I can't stand chick flicks. They drive me to drink.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 12:55 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I can't stand chick flicks. They drive me to drink.

Movies like Sex and the City?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 4:27 am

"Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull".

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 10:47 am

Margaret O'Brien movies. They are weepy and sentimental.

ruveyn

foxant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2015, 5:28 pm

I have a trauma of horror movies, in particular, the exorcist.
A friend of mine scared so many times showing me exorcist girl movie face, that for many years, that the last thing i think before i go to sleep is her face.
These "friend" tried to explain thats just a make up and her just a actress, and thats not real, and i know that, but geez..
I couldnt control my toughs about this scary face, and im still shocked, i just try not to think about it. Its another of my endless traumas in life, that i try to forget playing games and focusing on another things.
I hate that friend. He almost forced me to see the original exorcist movie, and i tried to watch cause i think i would lost my fear but its useless.
I hate linda blair with all my heart for make this role and traumatize me for life.

foxant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2015, 5:43 pm

DeVoTeE wrote:
my pick for worst movie is "no country for old men". there was no resolve at the end. the coen brothers made better movies like "fargo", but this is just plain horrible.

You just have to think about what happened in the end and find your own conclusion. thats the deal of this movies. make like me. just invent an ending in your head :p

Special Interest: memes

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 5:58 pm

It's rare for me to hate a movie even if it's awful, but Sucker Punch was an endurance test.

I'm surprised I finished it. When it was over, I yanked the Blu-ray out of my player and threw it in a drawer so it wouldn't contaminate the other movies on my shelf.

What's really galling is that it includes an extended cut, as if 110 minutes of self-indulgent horses**t weren't enough.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2015, 7:13 pm

M. Night Shyamalan's big-budget movies.

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2015, 3:13 pm

I go by genres.
I hate and will not watch any action adventure movies (fictitious gun violence) as well as horror (fictitious gore).
I will watch documentary films that contain violence or gore if they're real-fact based. An example would be JFK.
I do enjoy some bullitt-free martial art films, however despite being fictional. I consider them "performing arts".
I also appreciate comedic "spoof" movies of the genres I hate, with Student Bodies a good example.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2015, 8:04 pm

I hate sports movies.