Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

burnse22
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2008, 7:33 pm

Is anybody else annoyed by the interpreters that appear in the corner of the screen?

I tried to watch Manhattan on Sky movies and I couldn't because there was a guy waving his hands around in the corner distracting me and he wasn't even in black and white.

The movie I'm trying to watch right now has the guy 1/3 of the way across the screen. He's actually standing right in front of the action.

I appreciate that deaf people need interpreters but it isn't even optional. You can turn the subtitles and audio descriptions on and off so why not the signers? Argh, it's just so distracting. :x

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 8:25 pm

Yes! Never seen that though

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 8:30 pm

I could never figure out the reason for signers over captions either. It's not like sign language is more expressive or faster.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 9:34 pm

I have always found sign laguage very beautiful to watch...but not when I'm trying to watch something in the back ground.

As an aside.....I taught myself and two girls in grade school the alphabet from those cool pics in our dictionary, so I could talk to in my class with out the other kids knowing what we were saying....good times.

but yeah, the other thing is annoying and should be optional.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/