Page 3 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 10:59 pm

Postperson wrote:
no chemistry with Christian Bale?

I'd want to say that I'm ok with him as Bruce Waybe but just not as batman - even then, I haven't read the comic books so I don't know; that may even be a bit too lenient.

Not trashing the movie at all; the directing was good, Heath Ledger's acting was good, I'd say the same for Michael Caine and Aaron Eckhart; Christian Bale and Maggie Gyllenhaal drove me nuts though (for some reason Christian Bale didn't bother me in Batman Begins but he did bother me in this one).

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 11:35 pm

yeah, he's more a young 'Alfred' isn't he?

AGMorehouse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jul 2008, 5:35 pm

I saw "The Dark Knight" on Sunday, and I've got to admit this is a great movie...period. Heath Ledger was terrific as The Joker, distancing himself away from Jack Nicholson in the 1989 film. Two-Face made me jump when he first outbursted at Gordon (I thought he was going to outburst and then turn his face over), not to mention that is the best Two-Face ever. Plus, it opens up the possibility of Joker returning (but he'll have to be recasted), as well as Two-Face (Dead or knocked unconcious?).

you will jouney from boy to man

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jul 2008, 5:44 pm

AGMorehouse wrote:
I saw "The Dark Knight" on Sunday, and I've got to admit this is a great movie...period. Heath Ledger was terrific as The Joker, distancing himself away from Jack Nicholson in the 1989 film. Two-Face made me jump when he first outbursted at Gordon (I thought he was going to outburst and then turn his face over), not to mention that is the best Two-Face ever. Plus, it opens up the possibility of Joker returning (but he'll have to be recasted), as well as Two-Face (Dead or knocked unconcious?).

I want The Riddler! And not played by Jim Carrey. o_0

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 6:12 pm

Fidget wrote:
AGMorehouse wrote:

I want The Riddler! And not played by Jim Carrey. o_0

this'll probably make Wrong Planet members quiver with delight.

there is indeed talk of bringing in The Riddler for the next movie...with David Tennant playing him.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 6:26 pm

I have heard, though, that the director's looking to use villains that haven't been seen in previous movies (my brother suggests Bane doesn't count because his appearance in the movies was "stupid" :P).

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 9:46 pm

There is only ONE true Riddler...and he died 2005 :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp_9FEWgmFA

Long live the Riddler !

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 8:46 am

this film failed imho, the only good parts were with the joker.

raspberryswirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jul 2008, 2:37 pm

I really really enjoyed this movie. It's one of the few that I'd actually be willing to go see again in theatres. As people have said, Bale's Batman voice is kind of distracting...I read one review that likened it to Cookie Monster, so that's going to make watching it again a bit hard. I'll just be thinking of the C is for Cookie song. And Heath did not disappoint by any means. I really thought it wouldn't be that amazing and people were just playing it up after his passing, but wow. As a longtime fan of his, I had a really hard time reconciling the actor with the character, and that's saying something.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 2:57 pm

Heath was incredible. His Joker is the only one that I really think lives up to the character.
I was in the theater, I said something like, "He's so hot" after the pencil trick, and my mom was like, "But he has yellow teeth."
Lol.

I would love to see the Riddler!! !!

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 11:45 pm

I thought the pacing was a bit off, but overall, I enjoyed it. And Heath Ledger is definitely a better Joker than Jack Nicholson (though he was good too.) This new Joker is friggin' creepy... in part because he's unpredictable.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 4:59 pm

Cyberman wrote:
I thought the pacing was a bit off, but overall, I enjoyed it. And Heath Ledger is definitely a better Joker than Jack Nicholson (though he was good too.) This new Joker is friggin' creepy... in part because he's unpredictable.

Like the 'magic trick' sequence. You simply do not know how he would make the pencil disappear.

Or that whole sequence just after the truck crashed. "HIT ME! C'MON, HIT ME!" And his delight at something he shouldn't, (a henchman getting electrocuted, viewers of the movie will understand what by) he acts like Papa Lazarou for a moment.

On sabbatical...

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 1:21 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Cyberman wrote:

Like the 'magic trick' sequence. You simply do not know how he would make the pencil disappear.

Or that whole sequence just after the truck crashed. "HIT ME! C'MON, HIT ME!" And his delight at something he shouldn't, (a henchman getting electrocuted, viewers of the movie will understand what by) he acts like Papa Lazarou for a moment.

I love the magic trick! I couldn't stop laughing. 2nd time I saw it I was sad though that the other people in the the theater weren't laughing. At the first showing they were : )

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 3:43 pm

"TA-DA! See? It's gone." :lol:

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 5:32 pm

I saw "The Dark Knight" yesterday and was impressed. I went to an early afternoon (1:50 pm) matinee and there were less than 15 people there. If you're afraid of heights, be prepared to gasp HARD and often.

Heath Ledger did a great job as the Joker, but I liked Jack Nicholson just as much. The makeup reminded me of a cross between Nicholson's Joker and Michael Keaton's Beetlejuice.

Definitely worth seeing.

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 9:59 pm

Over-hyped? Nope. It's brilliant.

Heath Ledger is just magnificent - and weirdly charming.