Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 1:07 am

A great graphic novel which they are now turning into a new movie I'm not really good with intros so I added the trailer. I really hope that they stick with the storyline of the book as best they can.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4blSrZvPhU[/youtube]

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 6:56 am

I have low hopes for this. I think the book is unfilmable. But we'll see.

music_for_airports
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2008, 8:38 am

I found Snyder's Dawn of the Dead better than the original, but 300 was so bad, so so so bad, it made me angry that films that bad could get made and make money. This one is a hard call. The characters all look well realised, casting/costumes/etc. and the use of Smashing Pumpkins' The Beginning is the End is the Beginning seemed not just fitting, but a clever poke at Batman & Robin (which used The End is the Beginning is the End).

But I have to agree with John Hopkins, the graphic novel is not an easy story to bring to the screen. When I read it, it seemed like a movie transposed into a graphic novel, but using all the elements a graphic novel can employ that a movie can't. Making a movie out of it seems like going backwards.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 10:13 am

It's so big, with so many sub-plots, and intricacies ... From what I've seen, they're struggling to stay absolutely faithful to the look. The question seems to be the dialogue. The bits they've shown so far have little dialogue.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 12:30 am

I am tired of people saying it's unfilmable. People said the same damn thing about "Lord of the Rings" and "Sin City."

Everything that I've seen and heard about this movie has got me more excited and more convinced that it will kick all kinds of ass. They are trying to be as faithful as possible--they are even having the comic-within-a-comic as a special feature on the DVD! Snyder is really passionate about the material. He won't f**k this up.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 4:00 am

Veresae wrote:
He won't f**k this up.

At least not intentionally. I do hope this film turns out as awesome as possible.