Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kenisu3000
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Feb 2009, 4:19 pm

SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:
I absolutely hate it. One episode really scared me for months.

Which one?

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 7:47 pm

What's NOT up with Power Rangers, yo?

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2009, 11:10 pm

i used to watch The Power Rangers when i was 11yrs old. the 1st season was rad because my favorite was Trini, the Yellow Ranger (RIP Thuy Trang :heart: ). and at the same time i found out that in the Japanese version she was a HE! and they kept making the Japanese Yellow Rangers into US females (case in point: Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, and Wild Force). good thing they haven't done that in the other seasons! oh, some will be annoyed by this but i went to Kyoto, Japan where they had this exhibit of Power Rangers costumes and props. it was like i was reliving my youth again! see my pix here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31374470@N ... 416528486/

Jacob12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Feb 2009, 11:13 pm

Quote:
...the Yellow Ranger (RIP Thuy Trang ). and at the same time i found out that in the Japanese version she was a HE!

I didn't know that, weird.

ARandomPerson
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2009, 6:57 am

Jacob12 wrote:
It seems like mindless violence with terrible dialouge. Yeah I used to watch it when I was little, but I mostly watched the first series, off tapes I copied since I dont even think that was on anymore. And that was kinda decent. But this new stuff, how can kids or parents stand this? And who came up with the name "Power Rangers" what does that mean? It's like they combined two words that sound cool to a little kid and redubbed some eidited japenese monster show with stupid dialouge. And the new stuffs worse, its american made completly and from what I've seen with some of my little cousins looks even worse. Whats up with this show?

they show character traits such as teamwork, respect, initative and responsability. all of which are values we want to instill in kids, and the violence is not against other humans but evil space alians and their robots, kids SHOULD be able to distinguish between an alien and their best friend on the playground. The name wade it attractive to a generation of 8 year olds so that they can see the character traits in the heroes they grow up with.

If I had a kid, I would rather have him watching powerrangers than, spoungebob (for instance) which is (generally) racy and vulgar.

Jacob12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2009, 12:50 pm

Quote:
If I had a kid, I would rather have him watching powerrangers than, spoungebob (for instance) which is (generally) racy and vulgar.

Spongebob is Vulgar? Explain.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 12:54 pm

When I first saw it listed in the tv guide I thought it was a misprint - meant to be "Mighty Morphine Power Rangers" - Remember the headlines when Skylar DeLeon was arrested for murder? "Mighty Morphin Murderer".

Jacob12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Feb 2009, 5:29 pm

"Mighty Morphine Power Rangers"? Thats a great idea, parents would love it. (Sarc)