Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

IcelandicGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2009, 5:36 pm

This looks like Mozart and the Whale part II, only this time the woman is not an aspie! :roll:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/01/22/ ... yers-adam/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1185836/

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 5:52 pm

mm sounds ok, it's good to know when there's a new movie out. thanks.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 6:22 pm

Can't we have ONE Aspie movie which isn't some completely unrealistic romance flick? :roll:

I ain't watching this.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 7:28 pm

What ideas would you like to see?

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 7:38 pm

...something where the aspie isn't a maths/engineering type. i have no skills in those areas.

Last edited by Postperson on 09 Feb 2009, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 7:39 pm

Ah, I see.

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 7:40 pm

Stilted romance ruins most movies, no matter what they're about.

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 8:25 pm

I would like to see a movie about an aspie who grew up in the ghetto. Like maybe East Los Angeles. It could be about how he made himself into a big time drug dealer, but then gets capped for selling drugs on the wrong block.

mistercheech
Raven
Raven

09 Feb 2009, 9:01 pm

Quote:
...something where the aspie isn't a maths/engineering type. i have no skills in those areas.

billy the kid?

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 12:41 pm

Postperson wrote:

Yeah, I've seen a lot of things like that in books and stuff where the aspie is really good at maths or something.

The film looks good, perhaps I'll see it. :)

SpongeBobRocksMao!

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 5:34 pm

Sounds too much like a cheesy romance. And no doubt there will be F-loads of stereotypes like the maths or talking really fast and monotone about their fave science equations etc
oh and don't forget the trade-mark freakout where they start running around like headless chickens :roll:

I think they should make an aspie film where they are nothing like the nerdy type and more creative and cool. And a plot a bit more clever than just "boy meets girl they fall in love blah blah"

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 7:19 pm

Movie idea: It will be about how a really nice guy with AS is rejected all the time by every women he is interested in for 25 years. Then they wonder why he shots himself.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 2:35 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
What ideas would you like to see?

A fun action science fiction genere where the AS girl (let the hero be a chick for once. I am SO tired of all autistic characters in media being males) is the only one who can save the world.

Postperson wrote:

Ditto! Maybe she is good at art and with animals.

mistercheech
Raven
Raven

12 Feb 2009, 4:34 am

seriously though why would anyone want to see this?

do black people get excited about movies about black people? oh my god

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 4:06 pm

The romance aspect is too unrealistic because people with aspergers can't relate to that. We know the reality is 80-90% of them will probably never get dates. They need to make a movie that real people with aspergers can relate to. Have the main character be alone and to have him deal with his issues in his own way. I'm sick of people stereotyping that people with aspergers are good at math or engineering too. I can hardly do pre-algebra now, others I knew with aspergers had a learning disability in math. Then again, everything is sterotyped in one sense and I suppose aspergers is no exception.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 4:16 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
The romance aspect is too unrealistic because people with aspergers can't relate to that. We know the reality is 80-90% of them will probably never get dates. They need to make a movie that real people with aspergers can relate to. Have the main character be alone and to have him deal with his issues in his own way. I'm sick of people stereotyping that people with aspergers are good at math or engineering too. I can hardly do pre-algebra now, others I knew with aspergers had a learning disability in math. Then again, everything is sterotyped in one sense and I suppose aspergers is no exception.

QFT. I find it disappointing that I'll never be able to relate to any of these movies. Math was never a strong point for me, and romantic/sexual relationships are completely alien to me. These movies seem to be an idealistic NT perspective on Aspies. I don't need an NT telling "my story."

But I guess a realistic view of Aspies' lives might be too "boring" to make a movie out of.