Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 8:29 pm

They killed off Kutner! WTF!? Who saw that coming? No one, apparently! He just offed himself. just shot himself in the head. No warning, no acting depressed, no nothing.

eristocrat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2009, 9:21 pm

I just watched that episode while surfing the web. Just heard the part about optional grief counseling and thought there might have been a suicide but it didn't register. WTF indeed, that is random.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 10:22 pm

8O
Dang! I have not mentally switched to the new night and I keep missing the episodes and end up watching them when they show up on the internet......crazy...... :(

warrenpeace
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Apr 2009, 10:45 pm

Devastated. Kutner was my favorite character for a long time - and this is my favorite show. Really sad, and horrible really.

When Amber died, it was the hardest episode for me to watch, but also probably the best made, in my opinion. That seemed to touch everyone, especially Wilson, for the obvious reasons.

:(

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

06 Apr 2009, 10:45 pm

shocked me. i watched it and decided that maybe the actor had died, but hes alive. Just wow.

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Apr 2009, 9:24 am

That was a shock and a half - I really liked Kutner :cry:

It really seems to be a trend, killing off main characters lately, everyone seems to be doing it, sigh.

Apparently the actor has been offered a job at the White House. While the writer's strike was on he apparently was working on Obamas campaign, too. From what I understand it was the actor's choice to leave the show, the writers didn't off him for shock, but certainly no one can ask him if he is coming back at a later date, its a pretty final ending for the character.

Someone did mention on another site, why not just have him leave for a better position, etc., but I don't think that would have worked - too easy for House to torture him, plus they did that with Taub already. This might be the only way out, so to speak. However, now they have material for the rest of the season, it will be interesting to see how the mystery is solved. I am guessing that the thing House realizes is missing is - the suicide note. There always seems to be one, somewhere...? I guess we will have to see how it all plays out.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 4:21 pm

I was quite taken back when it happened, when Forman and 13 saw his legs I was thinking that Kutner would become a additional paitent or something, but when 13 said that he was cold, I was "he's really dead?!"
It was totally out of the blue, the happy funny doctor kills himself. While it is true that many suicidal people do not show outward signs of depression, it just caught me more off guard.

What a shame, Kutner was one of my favorite docs. I knew the actor was going for a different job, but I was secretly wishing that he would turn it down because he was such a GREAT addition to the show. But you gotta do what you gotta do....

If someone else leaves I can only wonder how they are going to write them out :?: