Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 2:21 am

The reason I ask is because in another thread, I mentioned that someone should do a GI Joe series with all the original characters, Duke, Roadblock, but with a more mature storyline and high quality animation. Well earlier I came across this youtube video for this...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zITV5dmBl3k[/youtube]

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 3:05 am

No one else likes GI Joe?

GeomAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2009, 4:29 am

Yeah,

my favorite was scarlet. There is a movie coming out this summer i think, look for the trailer in yahoo movies.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 3:04 pm

Im looking forward to the live action movie as well. I was just referring to this cartoon. Its actually going to be a webseries but still

The irony is that I had come up with the idea before I knew it was in the works.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 9:09 pm

heck, I remember when they were a foot tall...;)

hostile_fossil
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Mar 2009, 6:52 pm

I love GI Joe. LOVE. I love GI Joe like mad. GI Joe was one of my special interests as a teen. :D

Since then, I've calmed down about it, but I still adore the series and characters. Msg me anytime if you want to talk about it.

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2009, 7:07 pm

I liked GI Joe (the cartoon, at least; I didn't have any money to buy the toys or the comics). Not as much as the Transformers, but I watched almost all of the '80s Sunbow cartoons. And while Scarlett was obviously the best-looking character (hubba-hubba!), my favourite character on the show was probably Cobra Commander, just because I thought Chris Latta was such a great voice actor (he also played Breaker and Gung-Ho).

RIP, Chris Latta

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2009, 8:26 pm

In this new series Cobra Commander is not going to be as much comic relief as more terrifying dictator. BTW, the series is being written by Warren Ellis, he has written DV8, Gen13, Transmetropolitan, and a short run on Hellblazer

hostile_fossil
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2009, 9:39 am

ScottF wrote:
In this new series Cobra Commander is not going to be as much comic relief as more terrifying dictator.

Awesome. 8) I could see him working either way, so long as the flavor throughout the storyline is consistent.

A friend of mine (who is a HUGE Major Bludd fan) and I role play quite a bit of scenarios online. Not all of them have been comical; some of them have been downright bloodthirsty!

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 3:20 pm

Yeah, sometimes I still play with my GI Joe toys too...

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Mar 2009, 4:01 pm

they're not toys! they're ACTION figures!

The former things have passed away."

tda
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2009, 2:57 pm

Big fan of Snake Eyes. Sorm Shadow. Scarlet. Baronness. some of the other old joes.

Glad Ray Park is going to be Snake eyes. The movie will probably be dumb, but I look forward to seeing a 'live' Snake Eyes! :D

Hope he doesn't talk!

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 4:07 pm

kxmode wrote:
they're not toys! they're ACTION figures!

Oops my bad

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 10:43 pm

Just a heads up. The premier is this Saturday, at midnight on Cartoon Network.

bringram
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Apr 2009, 11:47 pm

I loved GI Joe when I was a kid. I watched the Real American Hero cartoons and had a bunch of the toys. When I heard about the live action film the story was GIJOE was an acronym and it was an international force because hollywood didn't like the Iraq war and didn't want to glamorize American soldiers. They also had something goofy like no Cobra, the bad guys were crooked CIA agents. I think they dropped all that garbage in the final script. The trailer looked cool.

Last edited by bringram on 21 Apr 2009, 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 11:50 pm

What garbage are you referring to?