Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kang03
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2019, 9:08 pm

Hello, I'm new here. I recently have been suspected of having mild ASD and somebody recommended me to visit this community. I've looked around and found it quite interesting.
To briefly talk about who I am, I am a high-schooler interested in technology, science and language skills including fiction writing and communication skills, which I considerably seem to lack and have decided to learn some from this community.
If there's anything you would like to talk about, I would always be happy to join the conversation.
Say anything that comes to your mind at this very moment below!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 11:06 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Fiction writer and communications skills. What do you like to write about? The only information that I learned about in fiction writing is begin by describing the scene using your 5 or more senses. What did it look like, what did you smell and hear. How did it taste? Did it send chills up your back or did you sense something in your gut? Frame the scenes around the senses.

The other thing I learned is I never follow an outline. I just brainstorm and brainstorm and commit all this to paper. Then I gather up all the pages and begin to sort it into an outline. It is like I write from the inside out. It flows much easier that way. I never have writers block because my mind is always thinking. But sometimes I do not know where the story will lead until the very end.

Kang03
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2019, 11:29 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Fiction writer and communications skills. What do you like to write about? The only information that I learned about in fiction writing is begin by describing the scene using your 5 or more senses. What did it look like, what did you smell and hear. How did it taste? Did it send chills up your back or did you sense something in your gut? Frame the scenes around the senses.

The other thing I learned is I never follow an outline. I just brainstorm and brainstorm and commit all this to paper. Then I gather up all the pages and begin to sort it into an outline. It is like I write from the inside out. It flows much easier that way. I never have writers block because my mind is always thinking. But sometimes I do not know where the story will lead until the very end.

Could not agree more with the importance of figuring out what you feel through your sensory system. I, too, am trying hard to describe how I feel and what I can sense to 'frame the scenes'. And your advice on not to follow a certain outline and to focus more on free brainstorming gave me a new point of view. My conspicuous and prolonged problem as a fiction writer has been that I was overly focused on forming the outline or what it would sound like to the reader. And I believe that what you told me about brainstorming would help me in the long term :)
Thank you for the genuine piece of advice. I really appreciate it :) :heart:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 8:13 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

- Finally diagnosed with ASD in May 2019, after having suspected it for over ten years, and after having deeply explored the autism community for over one year while waiting for and obtaining diagnosis.
- In longterm relationship with boyfriend who was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in 2001.
- Long history of participation in various oddball subcultures.
- My "Getting to know each other" thread: Hello from NYC.

Kang03
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jul 2019, 8:24 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Hello, it's great to see your reply :wink:
Hope we could communicate more about things you are interested in and spend quality time.
Wish you a pleasant and enriching day :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 6:31 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Kang03
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jul 2019, 6:44 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Glad that I've got a better chance to interact more actively with people online. :!:
Good day to you :)

Persephone29
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2019, 6:10 pm

Welcome to wrongplanet, pleased to meet you. :?: :)

Kang03
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2019, 10:51 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Welcome to wrongplanet, pleased to meet you. :?: :)

Hello there! Thanks for the greeting, and I'm also very pleased to have a chance to meet you. :!: I hope WrongPlanet could make a better opportunity where I can learn how to communicate with people in a more comfortable way.