Page 340 of 358 [ 5722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343 ... 358  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 5:49 am

^^^yay another none :alien:

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2021, 10:28 pm

What is your first name: Aimee

Hobbies and Interests: reading, classical music, violin, cooking, walking, my dog, long distance driving (love driving the Nullarbor!)

Why are you here: self-identified ASD with informal diagnosis from my therapist. Here to read the stories of others and gather information!

When were you diagnosed: Currently undiagnosed but tentatively thinking about seeking formal diagnosis.

Favorite subjects: When I was at uni: Philosophy and English Literature, Italian Language

Year/Grade: Graduated with BA. Hons, Diploma of Education and Post Graduate Cert. in Italian Translation.

Favorite music: Classical predominantly, but love and listen to most music genres.

Books: Epic novels traversing the life of one or many characters, such as Goldfinch by Donna Tartt or Cloudstreet by Tim Winton. Passionate about Australian literature, but seek self in most narratives. I am partial to magic realist writers such as Murakami or Neil Gaiman, but less so in the past few years.

TV shows/Movies: You know, all those ones stuck on repeat! Very happy to watch my favorite TV shows over and over again and have done so since a young adult.

Instrument: Violin, guitar, drums. Skills from these are transferrable across many instruments though!

Do you like sports: Ashtanga yoga probably saved my life. I skateboarded obsessively as a child/teenager.

Family: I have a partner and two step children aged 10 and 15. The 10 year old is on the spectrum. I have an extended family with many step-siblings, half siblings and one full-blood sister. Have a good relationship now with my Mum and step-father. My biological father and step-mother I rarely hear from.

Clothing: Simply and comfortable. Jeans, t-shirts, jumpers. Known for always wearing a beanie or scarf. Was overtly masculine and mis-gendered as a boy in my younger years, but not much from my 20s onward. I look very young for my age.

How did you find this website: A google search after being prompted by my therapist to talk to other people like me.

Job: I have been a primary school educator for the past 5 years. Before that I fitted from one job to the next. From nursing to delivering organic fruit and veges to cleaning homes. I was a home fruit and vege distributor for about 3 years and I loved that job even though the pay was undesirable! Long hours on the road agree with me!

Plans for the future: continuing to build self knowledge and to find my place and accept who I am.

Any comments: Not much, just a hello :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 10:32 pm

^^^hello :flower:

AtypicalMale
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jul 2021, 8:45 pm

Hey people

What is your first name? Walker (like Texas Ranger)

Hobbies and Interests: Politics, history, sociology

Why are you here? Uh, I'm bored

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was a kid (5 or 6)

Favorite subjects: See above

Year/Grade: College sophomore (I think)

Favorite music: Really any pop/rock from 80s to now

Books: Really any nonfiction about business/politics and such, oral histories

TV shows/Movies: Cheers, Frasier, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Shark Tank, any sitcom or game show

Instrument: Well I used to be in choir, so

Do you like sports? As a casual fan/viewer

Family: One younger sibling

Clothing: T-shirts and that's about it

How did you find this website? Probably Reddit or something else

Job: Retail (hardware store)

Plans for the future? To learn, graduate college and make a few friends. I have a better idea now of what I want to do now than just a year or two ago, so that's a positive

Any comments? I have plenty but I don't usually say them out loud

bluemoon0211
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: Uk (not sure where to put my pronouns but they are they/them)

25 Jul 2021, 10:28 am

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, painting, gaming

Why are you here?: I’m currently on a waiting list to be assessed for Autism and I want to be surrounded by people with similar experiences

Favorite subjects: Doing Psychology (I enjoyed Maths & History at school)

Year/Grade: At Uni (going into second year)

Favorite music: Anything by All time low and Waterparks

Books: Heartstopper (graphic novel), Leah on the off beat (same author as love, simon - sequel), best friends & Vicky Angel (Jacqueline Wilson)

TV shows/Movies: Stranger Things (TV), Coraline (movie), IT chapter one (movie)

Instrument: I play guitar on and off

Do you like sports? Not really - I use to enjoy netball & rounders at school

Family: Mum, step dad and younger sibling with ADHD/Autism

Clothing: My clothing varies immensely! I’ve recently discovered lucy&yak clothing and highly recommend them if you love colourful clothes! (I do like to dress in black and band shirts on a regular basis!)

How did you find this website?: Still getting use to it :-?

Job: Waitress/Bar worker

Plans for the future?: Want a career in helping Autistic individuals/research into Autism

Bogbrush
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Aug 2021, 11:01 am

What is your first name?
I'll stick to Bogbrush.

Hobbies and Interests:
Social anthropology, etymology, history, cartography, geography, geology, music.

Why are you here?
I like the bulletin board format.

When were you diagnosed?:
When I was 46.

Favorite music:
Wide variety, except for Reggae. Bach and the Parish Psalter are faves.

Instrument:
Used to play several. Choirs and conducting.

Do you like sports?
Tennis, snooker.

Family:
None that I like.

Clothing:
Same jeans / t-shirts all the time. Never hats.

How did you find this website?
Google.

Job:
I have had many. Too many.

Plans for the future?
To be comfortable in my own skin.

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2021, 3:54 pm

^^ :heart: Bach

darkvanilla
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2021, 12:10 am

What is your first name? Kenny

Hobbies and Interests: Sports, running, fitness, psychology, wine and beer tasting, bar hopping, beaches, traveling, playing the piano, sneakerhead, anime, action movies, live music, and I'm trying out dance classes soon.

Why are you here? Looking to connect with people similar to myself.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Last December (although I have had an idea since the 8th grade.

Favorite subjects: Psychology

Year/Grade: 3rd year of Grad school

Favorite music: Rap/hip hop, EDM, RnB, and 80s-90s rock.

Books: Not much of a reader, but I love reading books about psychology or self help when I do read.

TV shows/Movies: Favorite TV shows are Power, The Office, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Breaking Bad, Dragon Ball, and ESPN. Favorite movies are The Matrix trilogy, Law Abiding Citizen, Face/Off, Silence of the Lamb, Fast and Furious series (up until number 7), Rocky Series, Remember the Titans, Training Day, and Man on Fire.

Instrument: Play the piano/keyboard

Do you like sports? I love to watch basketball/football. Sport I used to compete in when I was younger was track/XC. I still run and hit up the gym.

Family: 3 biological sisters, 2 adopted brothers, and 2 adopted sisters. No wife or children of my own.

Clothing: I am a sneakerhead who wears Jordans and Yeezys. I wear clothes depending on the occasion, but I usually dress pretty classy/preppy.

How did you find this website? Through a recommendation from the doctor who diagnosed me

Job: Mobile Crisis Counselor for a mental health organization.

Plans for the future? My plan is to become a mental health therapist who specializes in counseling individuals with ASD or ADHD.

Any comments? I am new here and just wanted to connect with others like myself on the spectrum. I have friends, but as ome of you might be aware, I'm a little different from them. Hopefully this is a great experience.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 12:12 am

^^^YAY another washingtonian :wtg:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 12:39 am

the_enigma wrote:
This is a model of how you should answer your questions. All questions are optional. I thought this would be a good icebreaker for everyone.

This is a model of how you should answer your questions. All questions are optional. I thought this would be a good icebreaker for everyone.

Quote:
What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests:

Why are you here?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music:

Books:

TV shows/Movies:

Instrument:

Do you like sports?

Family:

Clothing:

How did you find this website?

Job:

Plans for the future?

Any comments?

What is your first name? Ashley

Hobbies and Interests: Internet, reading, writing and solitaire

Why are you here? I have PDD-NOS/hyperlexia

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age 2, circa 1991

Favorite subjects: History and Software class

Year/Grade: 10th grade next fall

Favorite music: Nothing in particular, as long as it sounds good

Books: Flowers for Algernon, Lord of the Flies, The Chocolate War, the Almanac and several non-fiction books.

TV shows/Movies: I don't have a favorite one

Instrument: I play the tenorsax and I'm learning the piano

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I play basketball

Family: A mom and a dad. I have a 13 year old sister that isn't autistic or Asperger's.

Clothing: Mostly casual. I don't like anything that is too fancy or trendy. I still keep my wardrobe updated though

How did you find this website? Nuttdan gave me a link to wrongplanet.net

Job: Don't have one yet. I'm planning to work at the library.

Plans for the future? I want to be an author

Any comments? Nothing much to say. I enjoy this website very much and I hope all of you find this icebreaker fun.

Oh this is fun:
First name: natasha
Hobbies and interests: well I like a lot of music I kind of claim to be a metalhead but I mean really I like any music that I hear and like it. LIke I do lean towards metal but idk I like other kinds of music, like I like disco to and electronic stuff and really whatever sounds like interesting music to me. And with my boyfriend being into it and me developing an interest I have started painting Warhammer minatures, so that is kind of a thing I do now. I mean they are beautiful minatures just have to motivate yourself to actually paint them up so they actually look cool.
Why Am I Here, idk that is hard to say, maybe I jsut figured people that also had autism would understand me better, but truth be told I even feel out of place on this forum, I don't feel like others actually understand me just becuse they have autism.

Was diagnosed with the autism at liek 24

I always liked science and related things....

As for books I read some good ones and bad ones, but at the time I don't recall the authors or anything, when I was a kid i was a huge book-worm but an incident in my HS involving an active shooter ruined that for me....I could never get back into focusing on books so much after that. I hate it because it's like that was taken away from me.because before I was alwys at least able to escape into my books...grrr, I have never been able to get back into reading the way I did before. LIke the hypervigelence makes it hard to concentrate on a book so yeah its like I can never get back the thing that helped me through stuff because of the PTSD, and I freaking hate it.

Jib
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Aug 2021, 3:13 pm

What is your first name?

Please, just call me Jib.

Hobbies and Interests: Writing fiction, video games, modding, reading, physical fitness, martial arts, cooking, gardening, cosplay, pumpkin carving, foreign languages, anthropology, etc.

Why are you here?

To connect with people who can empathize with my neurological situation.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder):

When I was 14 and starting high school, that was YEARS ago.

Favorite subjects: Anthropology

Year/Grade: Graduate

Favorite music: Classical, Rock, Movie Scores, Halloween music, ambient music, world music, New Age, 90's music, 80's music, 70's music, Oldies, etc.

Books: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Horror, True Crime, Biographies, Self-Improvement, Nonfiction, etc.

TV shows/Movies: LotR, District 9, Fight Club, The Shining, Harry Potter, Idiocracy, and fantasy films in general.

Instrument: I want to learn how to play the harp!

Do you like sports? I am not a fan.

Family: I am very close with my family. I even care for my older parents.

Clothing: semi-formal. But I often wear a Vault Boy T-shirt.

How did you find this website? Word of mouth.

Job: Aspiring author

Plans for the future? Hopefully, publishing a bestseller!

Any comments?

No further comments for the present. :)

Jib's Medium

reginaterrae
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 11:09 am

Wow, kudos to Ashley, at 15 years old created this thing that is still going 7 years later! I am SO impressed. OK, so:

What is your first name? I took the name Felicity because it means happiness

Hobbies and Interests: learning about nature -- plants, bugs, birds, all of it; also spirituality (Catholic monastic, Buddhist, 12-step)

Why are you here? Dx ADHD in 1997, and I think I'm also autistic. The more I can learn about it, the more helpful, I think

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2009 they told me I'm NOT autistic, but I think I'm going to try again. They've learned so much about ADHD in women in the last decade, I'm hoping the same is true with autism

Favorite subjects: botany, languages, ancient history, religion

Year/Grade: I made it through all the coursework for a MA but quit before the thesis (it was a whole career change)

Favorite music: I have a huge collection of Argentine rock, blues, pop, among a lot of other eclectic stuff. But my latest favorite song is "You Need to Calm Down" by Taylor Swift.

Books: the Brother Cadfael mysteries, Anne Perry mysteries, poetry by Rumi and Wendell Berry, Revelations of Divine Love by Julian of Norwich

TV shows/Movies: I don't have a TV. Favorite movies: the Fifth Element, Chocolat

Instrument: voice

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I've only ever gotten into soccer, but not recently

Family: blended, loving, wonderful

Clothing: very simple and comfortable. Black cargo pants, black v-neck t-shirt, hoodies

How did you find this website? I don't remember -- I joined 12 years ago, let it lapse, now I'm back

Job: Retired ... I took religious vows as a hermit in 2019. For now my job is pretty much: getting to know myself.

Plans for the future? more of the same. I love my life! I live in the woods, alone, on the edge of a park, exploring and learning and soaking in all the peace and quiet.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 8:25 am

'I took the name Felicity'.

Totally get it. I never liked my birth name so I took another one. I took the name 'Agnetha' in April 1981.

Annavyney
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Sep 2021, 6:04 pm

Happy to meet you all.

Kat_henrikson
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Sep 2021, 8:59 pm

What is your first name:Kelcey

Hobbies and Interests: Halloween and Haunted houses

Why are you here: I have Autism

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Today but I have kind of known for a while

Favorite subjects: Psychology, geriatrics, reading

Year/Grade: Junior in College

Favorite music: 80's music

Books: Harry Potter and Tuesday's with Morrie

TV shows/Movies: Harry potter, beetlegeuse, Grey's Anatomy

Instrument: Used to play clarinet

Do you like sports: No

Family: I have 2 sisters and live with my dad and Fiance

Clothing: I love crewneck sweaters without hoods and leggings

How did you find this website: through my therapist

Job: Chemical dependency Counselor assistant

Plans for the future: to learn more about having autism and rediscover my self

Any comments: anyone want to be friends or can relate

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 12:39 am

hello there it,sounds,as if your future is looking good .... may i ask how you came to the conclusion , you might be Autistic besides your therapist . Beetleguese was a fun movie and am a partially recovered halloween addict myself.

where ever you go ,there you are