Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 6:07 pm

Sapho wrote:
Hi,
I'm in a legal battle at the moment, with my sons school.
He has been there just over a year, and i have just found out he has been restrained 35 times!
He has changed a lot since being at this school.
He has never been restrained before in his life...never had to.
I could always calm him down with words.
Before lockdown, when he was in school, he started to hit himself in his face, calling himself stupid...i questioned the school about this...it was all lies from them...he's fine in school etc...they never phoned me up about all these restraints.
After being home with me for nearly a year,he stopped slapping etc.
After being at school for a week, he started doing this again.
I knew then it was the school doing this to him.
I told him, he's never going back there.
I asked for his files,this is how i found out the amount of times he's been restrained....it's really cracked me up.
One of them says (when he was 8) he had 3 teachers holding him on the floor.
I have to have a solicitor to change schools, as they wont...keep telling me needs are met!
I have another solicitor, whos going after the school, for inhumane acts,discrimination and wrongful imprisonment.
He has told me that he 's in seclusion (he calls the punishment room) every day, till the end of school, and another time when he was carried in there, they held the door shut,and was crying all day...said no one came.
I'm struggling to keep strong for him atm, i'm a single mum, and he only has me.
I know i'm autistic, but been scared to take this further,as i don't want social coming to my house and judging me if i'm a good parent...can cope.

That is awful.

I understand that if he has a meltdown they need to do something, and they may not understand etc, etc. But they have to tell you and should call you when this happens.

I was very quiet and shy in school, and at the age of 5 to 6 a teacher took a disslike to my Mum and every day I was locked in a room on my own. I missed the play times and was only allowed out for lunch. I was not taught at all during that year.

My Mum only found out ma.ny years after Being five years old I thought this was "Normal" and I was actually more petrified being with others in the class then on my own. It was wierd because during the entire first year (Age 4 to 5) I was being bullied by a kid so the second year when this happened I could avoid the bullying in the playtimes that I was locked in this room.