Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

LoopyBanana
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Dec 2021, 8:53 am

Hi I'm Jessica 'Jess'. I was diagnosed with autism when I was still a young child, and it wasn't to bad, my mum helped me through it all. She was amazing and so was my dad as well. But my mum passed away and since then my life has got so bad, I feel depressed, I'm constantly anxious, I'm bullied at school and at home is like I don't bloody exist! My dad has a new girlfriend now, how he could just replace mum?? He doesn't acknowledge me at all anymore and his girlfriend is horrible to me. They only speak to me too have a go at me. We argue all the time. Sometimes I want to run away or kill myself. I'd rather be dead than be with them I think.

I hate autism no one likes you. They avoid you like your diseased or something. People pick on you all the time, the girls at school laugh because my mum is dead. The teachers do nothing at all. They also call me a ret*d which is really hurtful and upsetting.
I've no friends to turn to, my dad doesn't care anymore and I'm dreading next year. I really don't want to be here anymore. Life is s**t, I'd rather be with my mum again than go through all this every day.

I decided I'd come here as were all in the same boat.

Nice to meet you :)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 9:11 am

Hello. Welcome to Wrong Planet.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 10:56 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you find some happiness here.

But, 16! Gee! I'm 67.

I was diagnosed when I was 64. But I was on the Spectrum my whole life. Yes, the other kids were mean to me. And it was hard to find good friends.

But things got better.

(And while it took awhile, I finally found a gal to marry. We've been married 21 years!)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 11:02 am

Ahoy ahoy.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 11:06 am

21 years? Wow!

LoopyBanana
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Dec 2021, 12:24 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Welcome to WP! I hope you find some happiness here.

But, 16! Gee! I'm 67.

I was diagnosed when I was 64. But I was on the Spectrum my whole life. Yes, the other kids were mean to me. And it was hard to find good friends.

But things got better.

(And while it took awhile, I finally found a gal to marry. We've been married 21 years!)

Wow 21 years, that's amazing! So happy for you.

Thanks for the welcomes :)

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 10:42 pm

Hi and welcome to Wrong Planet. Sorry to hear about your unhappy home and school life. That was my young life too. The school problems most of us experience. My father is an alcoholic, getting worse until he died when I was 14. My mother was the ASD one, wasn't very successful at dating and never found a partner. So in some ways things improved after my father died. This being the 1960s, neither my mother or I knew anything about why we were different. She wasn't very good with understanding my problems, but she must have seen there was some common traits between us.

Since you got on with your dad when you were younger, maybe it's just the teenager/parent thing going on. My mother was not very demanding except for housekeeping things. I had been a free range kid for along time. I think that helped me more than anything.

I'm sure you can find some advice here with your life problems.

LoopyBanana
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Dec 2021, 4:12 am

It sounds like you have been through a lot of bad things. I'm so sorry :heart: I hope things are better for you now?

I wish things with my dad were like they used to be, bit it feels like they never will be again. I miss my mum so much. She was everything to me. I go to her grave a lot, just to say hi and be close to her and that helps a little bit. How did you cope with everything you went through? I'm trying so hard but I just can't cope and process all this. I suspect my mum had autism as well as with strangers she wasn't very sociable, she liked to eat and drink the same foods and she was sensitive to noises.

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 8:36 am

Getting lost in special interests was my main coping technique. Cars, electronics, anything where people skills were not needed. Looking back I don't know how I managed to have the social life I did. My social life was intermittent, not well managed, hampered by low self esteem, hampered by social cluelessness, etc. Interest in sports helped, but anything ball sports were out because my hand-eye coordination is off-the-charts bad. Skiing, hiking, running and boating.

Looking back at things I could have done better that might help you: Are there any clubs at school that might attract aspies. AV club, other subject you enjoy? I think it is important to not get dragged into activities you don't enjoy just to fit it, like going to places, events that are sensory challenging.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 9:25 am

If I knew how to make things better I would. I know I experienced this but to a lesser degree when my Dad died, but my Mum has stayed single since and she is happy as she is. My Mum and I are close as we think along parallel ways. She thinks in words and I think in pictures so we are different in this way but in other ways we are similar in the way we think. We almost do not need conversation to talk? My Dad was different as it took mind guessing as his way of thinking was different. Hard to explain.

My Dad had miracles happen before he died. The hospital killed him. He was fine and his usual chatty joking around self not long before he died, but they were short of beds in intensive care so they let him go.
The good thing is I know that my Dad went to Heaven. My Mum saw it happen as well. Towards the end of his life my Dad had many encounters with God. If you knew what he was like before that he would be the last person one would think would have that happen to him! But Jesus did so many miracles in our lives.
So when the Lord took him, I did not miss him because I know where he is.
You see, I have been in Heaven in the past. I have seen it. I have seen people who I was not given to know who they were at the time but I knew somehow I was related.
Nearly a year ago one of my Mums cousins (Who I don't think I have seen and she has not seen since she was young) made up a DVD of past cine film type things of that side of the family, and he put labels of who was who as he had done an excellent job on his computer. I was watching it in tears, as I saw these people in Heaven! They were there! I had never seenthese people on earth. I saw them in Heaven. It was some 25 years later when I watched the DVD and saw this! Miracles! Every one!

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 6:08 am

welcome

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson