Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Depressednstressed
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Dec 2021, 8:42 pm

Hi i'm emily and i've recently discovered i likely have autism. I've been suspected for most of my life but i'd say like many other women here, were never fully assessed or diagnosed.

I'm very scientific in nature i like to form my own opinions and beliefs. I'm very interested in biology, history, medicine, and lolita (not the book a niche japanese fashion based on victorian and rococo style).

I'm diagnosed with Dyslexia, social anxiety, and depression.

A bit about me:
I've always felt ilke i just didn't fit in with other people and i couldn't figure out why they didn't like me back, took advantage of me, and made fun out of me. I was pretty much selectivity mute when i was in elementary school because i had just learned to avoid everyone else. i only spoke to my one best friend, and a few teachers.

I came to the conclusion that i'm autistic because I get overly stressed about little things and they'd bulid up and bulid up, untill i'd just shut down and reset in almost like a nervous break down type way.

I've started to try being "me" more recently because i was tired of hiding in fear of ridicule and i made some friends that were like me and when i expressed this "nervous breakdown" they told me it sounds like an autistic melt down (they were autistic). Then i sort of realized that i may have autism and i went of a research frenzy and found that i relate to alot of things that were symptoms of autism. I confronted my mother and she confessed that she had want to get me assessed for autism by a doctor but my dad wouldn't let her.

So here i am i hope self diagnosis are welcome in this community i wanted to join to find comfort because it was sort of a shock to my system.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 8:48 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 8:57 pm

Welcome aboard.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2021, 9:08 pm

Welcome. Feel free to ask questions.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:54 pm

Welcome to WP! Self-diagnosis is OK; no diagnosis is OK; not even slightly Autistic is OK.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 5:44 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 6:04 am

welcome!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

07 Dec 2021, 8:24 am

Honestly, isn't Japanese style just fabulous sometimes, for example their fall colored intricate attire.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.