Hello. I’m new here. This is my first post.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

25 May 2022, 2:32 am

Please welcome me.
And, maybe even tell me what to expect here.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 3:08 am

Hello. Welcome. Just type things...

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

25 May 2022, 3:09 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Hello. Welcome. Just type things...

I’ll probably be a little cautious at first. I don’t want to annoy or offend anyone yet.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 3:12 am

I try not to annoy or offend but I do anyway without meaning to, but is better just to type.

I just type things about railways or trains.

I think my brother has been to Taiwan.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 7:05 am

Welcome!

What to expect:

-Some sections of these forums are fun to participate in while others have different tones and can be a bit hostile/distressing. So I suggest that depending on what you like, you stay within some sections of the forums.

-Some old people on these forums (mostly from USA and UK (and maybe Australia)) have connected with each other and dominate the forums because they have a good command of English and also because they have more in common. Other people may feel a bit excluded, especially if you are from a different culture. Having said that, they don't mean any harm. So don't worry.

-If you'd like to discuss anything to do with autism, then there are plenty of people here that are willing to share their information/opinions/experiences. So this is a perfect place for that.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 9:34 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you find it a nice place to visit.

Sometimes you might find a discussion has gotten unpleasant. If so, I encourage you to just leave the thread, not the planet.

Good manners are preferred and following the (not onerous) rules is required but the Moderators seem like nice folk.

Personally, I've found a few areas of WP I like and spend most of my time in those.

And some areas I avoid, such as the Haven.

I'm retired so I've got spare time and I enjoy playing with computers so I enjoy using BBCodes and putting links in my posts...ignore that, I'm just using WP as a toy for fun. Please just ignore my playing with the computer.

And, yes, there are some old folk who frequent WP. I guess, as a group, we've got more spare time.

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

25 May 2022, 9:40 am

Thanks for the replies.
I’m going to feel this place out for a while. It seems like it could be a positive place to be. At least, compared to other places on the internet that I may have found myself before. I always ‘forget’ about aspergers. When I go back and read something about it, or read posts here, it almost brings a tear to my eye for some reason. Like I understand…again. I didn’t explain that well. Anyway, thanks.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 10:07 am

Before I was diagnosed I had no interest in and knew almost nothing about Asperger's Syndrome or Autism Spectrum Disorders. Now I find them a little more interesting.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 6:55 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 3:30 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. Enjoy you stay.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 3:54 pm

Welcome to this planet KeepWaiting ..you might cast about in the forums and peak at various threads till you get a feel for things? or not , jump right in ,however you feel . Please don,t judge
anyone forum by others . And there are many forums . Maybe write what you know and others may respond ? Or ask questions and see if you get responses ? Some responses might take days , some minutes . Sometimes people might try to interject some humour . Not necessarily a Aspies best ability for myself , i have found. Enjoy .! ..... :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

29 May 2022, 1:50 am

I can’t upload a photo. I’m not sure why not.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 4:11 am

welcome. :D

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

29 May 2022, 4:13 am

Thanks for the replies.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 5:29 am

welcome! Take your time, you will get used to us. You will find some you agree with, some you don't. You will find topics that interest you and some that make you uncomfortable, we are just people. Moderators try to keep down things like bullying, aggression, spam, and it is a mostly safe place to hang out. Eventually I hope it feels like home and that you find others you relate to and the specific areas of the group that you like the best. Glad you are with us.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 8:31 am

KeepWaiting wrote:
I can’t upload a photo. I’m not sure why not.
The only photo you can upload is the one for your avatar/profile. Speculation is it would be too expensive for WP to have storage for a bunch of photos. (WP is free!)

An image stored elsewhere on the Internet can be imbedded in a post using the [img] tag.