Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ml44
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 16 Sep 2022
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Posts: 3

26 Sep 2022, 11:28 am

Hi everyone! I'm a sophomore in college, diagnosed almost 3 years ago now. I've enjoyed reading through this site and have found it very helpful, so I thought I'd join as well! :D



Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2020
Age: 68
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,541
Location: U.S.A.

26 Sep 2022, 11:59 am

Welcome to WP! We're glad you've decided to join us.

P.S. Get good grades! It'll make us all look a bit better. Oh, what is your major?


_________________
When diagnosed I bought champagne!
I finally knew why people were strange.


ml44
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 16 Sep 2022
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Posts: 3

26 Sep 2022, 1:43 pm

Thanks! And I'm trying, haha! I don't have a declared major right now, but I know I want to do something with computers.



Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2020
Age: 68
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,541
Location: U.S.A.

26 Sep 2022, 3:41 pm

Computers are good! Hardware or software?

I started programming in 1971 (yes, I'm old!), studied Computer Science in college, worked in computers 'til retirement, and still enjoy them.

I just don't trust them! :hmph:


_________________
When diagnosed I bought champagne!
I finally knew why people were strange.


AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 65,594
Location: Portland, Oregon

26 Sep 2022, 4:00 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,516
Location: Outter Quadrant

26 Sep 2022, 4:34 pm

Hi ml44. Welcome to the planet ….Hope you can get good insights here considering your Autism ….. :D ,enjoy


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,168
Location: On a special base where the Christmas soldiers of the world live

27 Sep 2022, 8:50 am

Willkomen :mrgreen:


_________________
Oberfeldwebel

Age: 48
Gender: Non-Binary
Pronouns: He/Him/His
IQ: 86 and I use all 86 of them.


ml44
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 16 Sep 2022
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Posts: 3

27 Sep 2022, 10:28 am

Double Retired wrote:
Computers are good! Hardware or software?

I started programming in 1971 (yes, I'm old!), studied Computer Science in college, worked in computers 'til retirement, and still enjoy them.

I just don't trust them! :hmph:


Software! I'm learning Python right now. I really enjoy it, it feels like my brain was made for this!! I've loved computers since I was little.



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,860

27 Sep 2022, 10:34 am

What is a sophomore? What does one do if one is one?



QFT
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 27 Jun 2019
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,456

27 Sep 2022, 10:42 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
What is a sophomore? What does one do if one is one?


It means second year.

Freshman=First year
Sophomore=Second year
Junior=Third year
Senior=Fourth year

I am surprised you don't know it. Its a common knowledge. Everyone uses those terms. At least in US. I thought you are from US, are you not?



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,860

27 Sep 2022, 10:50 am

QFT wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
What is a sophomore? What does one do if one is one?


It means second year.

Freshman=First year
Sophomore=Second year
Junior=Third year
Senior=Fourth year

I am surprised you don't know it. Its a common knowledge. Everyone uses those terms. At least in US. I thought you are from US, are you not?


I have never been to the USA. Our system is different.



QFT
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 27 Jun 2019
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,456

27 Sep 2022, 12:04 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
QFT wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
What is a sophomore? What does one do if one is one?


It means second year.

Freshman=First year
Sophomore=Second year
Junior=Third year
Senior=Fourth year

I am surprised you don't know it. Its a common knowledge. Everyone uses those terms. At least in US. I thought you are from US, are you not?


Then I confused you with someone else. I remember someone with similar name saying he is in east coast and talking about traveling.

What country are you from?

I have never been to the USA. Our system is different.



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,860

27 Sep 2022, 12:42 pm

I am from Wales.



QFT
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 27 Jun 2019
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,456

27 Sep 2022, 6:29 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I am from Wales.


That explains it. Sorry for being rude.

So how do they call those things in UK?



autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,133
Location: Alpena MI

28 Sep 2022, 7:48 am

welcome! lots of good insights and helpful members here, glad you are with us!


_________________
https://oldladywithautism.blog/

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson


jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2018
Age: 74
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,516
Location: Indiana

30 Sep 2022, 8:29 am

Welcome to the site.


_________________
Author of Practical Preparations for a Coronavirus Pandemic.
A very unique plan. As Dr. Paul Thompson wrote, "This is the very best paper on the virus I have ever seen."