Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

MeltingCORE
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2022, 3:01 pm

Hello and good afternoon! I'm Emily, a teacher and artist from Florida. I recently not only got my certification in special education but also a proper diagnosis (finally). It's been a long, hard journey growing up as a girl without a diagnosis. I was told that I was dramatic for sensory issues that would cause me to cry or that I was just "moody" on purpose. I won't go into details because it's personal but it was an awful mess. I'm lucky to have the loved ones in my life that I do. (Shoutout to my mom and fiancé!) I wouldn't still be here without them.

Anyways, I decided to join WrongPlanet because I have several friends who have hung out here before. I enjoy drawing, writing, music, manga, astronomy, meteorology, etc. Some of my special interests include nuclear power plants, moths, vaporwave music, Florida (I'm obsessed with my state), tornadoes, and rollercoasters. (I love living near SeaWorld and Universal!)

I've also been working on a fan novel for the DC Comics' series "New Gods" for seven years. It's called "Red Shift" and I wanted to share my art but I can't presently. (Something about me being new?) My avatar was drawn by me and is an original character from the novel, however. The girl is named Stellar. Anyways, "Red Shift" features more original characters of mine but I started the novel because I saw potential in the character Steppenwolf. (That's who the novel focuses on. I'm giving him a sprawling backstory. And yes, I own the Snyder Cut and also every single figure that's ever been produced of Steppe.)

You can find my art on Instagram under meltingcore_ and on DeviantART under MeltingCORE1994. You can read "Red Shift" on dA and on my personal website at redshiftbymeltingcore . wordpress . com (no spaces)

Have a good rest of your day, everyone! :D

Last edited by MeltingCORE on 03 Oct 2022, 7:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 3:03 pm

Mae Govannen, Miss MC. Welcome to WP. :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 5:12 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 6:32 pm

Welcome to WP! And I agree that the people around you are important to how well you do with Autism so kudos to your mom and fiancé!

MeltingCORE
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2022, 7:09 pm

Thank you, everyone! :) I told my family about this site too and they think it's a neat idea.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 8:01 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 8:02 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet and good luck on developing your writing skills.

It took me most of my lifetime to figure out how I am different and why I am different than NTs (Neurotypicals). At age 74 and after my stroke a year and a half ago, I finally figured it out. The answer is that humans are much more complex than anyone can ever believe. We have multiple brains living in one body. They are different parts of us. And because of a brain injury at around age 3, when I was attacked by a large bull and almost died, my brain is a slightly different structure. It caused a brain flip where my right and left sides changed places. My right side is dominant. Anyways good luck on your journey through life.

MeltingCORE
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Oct 2022, 8:43 pm

Thank you, both! And I agree with Jimmy. The human brain is definitely the most diverse organ out there. (I recently read an article about how some people don't even perceive movement. A small percentage. All the changes and differences in humans are a challenge to catalogue, I think. No one perceives the universe the same way.) I'm glad you're still here.

Nicholas pagano
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Oct 2022, 5:44 am

I my self am a artist too I’m definitely going to check out your site I’m sure it’s amazing,if you want check out my instagram Artwakenedmind_studio also have my you tube were I have videos of me teaching drawing links in my instagram bio.I’m going to check your site out now

Nicholas pagano
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Oct 2022, 5:48 am

I just gave you a follow on instagram really dig your fiery color pallet

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 4:47 pm

Willkomen :mrgreen:

MeltingCORE
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2022, 10:14 pm

Thank you, everyone! (And thank you for the follows on Instagram. I followed back!)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 6:24 am

welcome!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson