Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

MOONTRIPS
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2022, 3:19 am

not recently diagnosed, but did just learn of this forum today! technically yesterday.
don't wanna elaborate on my diagnosis or journey to the diagnosis or anything, though.

uhhhhhhhhhh, I'm more or less just your average autistic nerd. with multiple brain problems because wahoo brain problems! and also I'm aromantic.
I really like video games and collecting toys. uhhhhhhh. yeah I guess that's all I really wanna say

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 4:49 am

Hi.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 10:43 am

MOONTRIPS wrote:
I'm more or less just your average autistic nerd. with multiple brain problems because wahoo brain problems!

It sounds like you are in the right place, so welcome to the site. It took me a long time to understand why I am different. Realize I am now 74 years old and suffered a massive stroke that fried my brain about a year and a half ago. But why I am different than most NTs now makes a lot of sense. Humans are so much more complex than anyone ever realized. It is because we have multiple brains. One on the left side of our skull which is the dominant brain. It is our daytime brain. And the other brain is on the right side of the skull which is our supporting brain. It is online during our REM and NREM sleep states. One of the major characteristics that make humans unique is that when we die, we can come back to life. When our left side is smashed and dies, our right side of our brain can step in and decide to carry on. (It correlates with the description of a near death experience. I remember my near death experience after being attacked by a large bull when I was around 3 years old.) Eventually our left side comes back online but takes the place formally occupied by our sleep state brain. IT IS A BRAIN FLIP.

But these two sides of our brain are very, very, very different. The right brain is so huge, so utterly huge, that we can spend a lifetime learning and growing deep down inside us.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 2:09 pm

Welcome to WP! I'm glad you found it and I hope you are, also.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 8:45 am

Da_Zero_A_Dieci wrote:
Hi welcome.
I'm sorry I struggle with things like introducing myself, but I'll do it.

§
Jimmy m : I read your post.

§
I avoid going into lengthy explanations, because it would be long.

§
You are an outstanding person.
I see how you think and write, very interesting, you are really special

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 6:32 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 6:55 am

welcome, its ok to lurk and soak up info and you can even find support and comfort from the fact that many here would understand and relate. Glad you are with us!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson