Hello, I'm new and just coming to terms with my autism.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Mindwar Veteran
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Dec 2022, 9:18 pm

Hello everyone. I'm a guy in my late 30s who is just coming to terms with the fact that I meet a lot autistic criteria. I'm creative, but have trouble finding places I could be useful. I'm into SciFi and video games, and love to contribute to projects. I'm a musician who plays guitar and keyboard but mostly likes to compose, and I also paint and draw. I enjoy doing voicework as well as other kinds of acting also, so if anyone needs somebody to help with something please feel free to send a message my way.

Well, that's me in brief. I hope this isn't too much information all at once. :)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 6:34 am

welcome! diagnosis can be life changing, giving us new insights and self understanding and good answers to so many "whys" of our histories. Glad you are with us! (diagnosed at age 68, 71 now)

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 11:35 am

Welcome to the site.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 12:42 pm

Welcome to WP! As long as you are interested in the topic it is a good place for you...no matter what diagnosis you eventually get or do not get.

From what others have said here I gather getting an official diagnosis might not be quick or easy for you, given where you live.

However, for an unofficial assessment I hope you have discovered these two online tests:
=>- Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test (AQ)
=>- Aspie Quiz Registering is optional!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 6:05 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Mindwar Veteran
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Dec 2022, 2:07 am

Thank you everybody. I'm hopeful that I will be able to get a diagnosis, but I know it will be a long journey.