Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Nico22
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2023, 8:24 am

Greetings and salutations! I’m Nico. I’m agoraphobic and have social anxiety. I’ve been isolating for years and don’t have any friends except my partner and family. I’m finally ready to start talking to other people again. I’m looking for any online meetings for neurodivergent people. I love books, crochet and cats. :ninja:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 7:52 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

Over the years, I always had a cat and a dog. I would work with them when they were young and make them friends with each other. One time I had a very special cat. It was called a Maine Coon. She had six fingers and six toes. She was very friendly and very brave.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 10:21 am

We meet up here, all day, everyday. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RoniB
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jun 2023, 1:09 am

I was isolating with agoraphobia for almost 3 years. I am interested in online meetups as well. I also love books, crochet and cats. I also love spinning yarn, beadwork, weaving and basically making or building things.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2023, 5:21 pm

Nico22 wrote:
Greetings and salutations! I’m Nico. I’m agoraphobic and have social anxiety. I’ve been isolating for years and don’t have any friends except my partner and family. I’m finally ready to start talking to other people again. I’m looking for any online meetings for neurodivergent people. I love books, crochet and cats. :ninja:

Meetup.com has some that are nominally located in various places. I went a couple times, but I haven't had a chance to go back due to my schedule changing. A good one should allow people to talk or not and have a camera or not.

There's also various chat Software and the like.

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2023, 10:01 pm

Hello and welcome Nico :D

RoniB
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jun 2023, 10:38 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
Nico22 wrote:

Meetup.com has some that are nominally located in various places. I went a couple times, but I haven't had a chance to go back due to my schedule changing. A good one should allow people to talk or not and have a camera or not.

There's also various chat Software and the like.

I looked into meetup and all they had in my area was meetups in crowded places that are quite expensive. Your meetup group may be different. :mrgreen:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2023, 10:16 pm

Nico22 wrote:
I’m looking for any online meetings for neurodivergent people.

Hi Nico! I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Feel free to participate in these chat meetings.

If you would prefer to chat with people who live in your local area, whom you could potentially meet in person eventually, then I second the recommendation earlier in this thread that you look for local groups of autistic adults on Meetup.com.

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2023, 1:01 am

Welcome

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2023, 7:55 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

EdwardMatthew
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2023, 4:44 am

Hey Nico How are you. Buddy you can talk to me anytime you want :)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2023, 6:07 am

welcome Nico. This is a great place to meet others and interact on line. Because of my processing struggles with visual and audio input, my best social life is on line and in print. Even texting is too fast for me! Glad you are with us.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson