Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

cornjuliox
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jun 2009, 8:55 am

Hi, I'm cornjuliox. I'm 21 years old, I live in the Philippines, and I think I'm an Aspie. My interest is primarily in video games of all kinds, but also in computers and programming. I haven't started college yet (money issues), but I'd like to go to Japan to study Game Design and the Japanese language.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 10:58 am

"Hi," cornjuliox, and welcome aboard the Wrong Planet.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 1:56 pm

Hi. So how much computer programming have you done already?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 2:12 pm

Welcome to the Wrong Planet!

cornjuliox
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jun 2009, 11:41 am

lelia wrote:
Hi. So how much computer programming have you done already?

Not much. I've touched C++, Pascal, Python, HTML and CSS, but I haven't made anything other than really small programs (calculate average, guess-the-number games..) and scripts. Lately I've been tinkering with Tkinter and wxPython, and I'm in the process of building my own website, which I plan on using in conjunction with either Django or CherryPy to turn it into a blog. Its not that I've got something against the likes of Joomla and Wordpress, I just want to make my own site from scratch, thats all. Sometime in the future (when I get a better computer), I'd like to try Blender, and start taking steps to becoming a Game Designer, because I want to make video games for a living.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2009, 8:54 am

You are making the right steps. Good for you!
I don't know how you become a game designer in Japan. In America, one son got a degree in computer science, and then went for a year to DigiPen in Redmond, WA and now he is a programmer for the company that makes Scribblenauts.
Another son went to the Seattle Art Institute and got a degree in Industrial Design. Then he got some private computer tutoring. At this moment he works as a level designer for GuildWars.