Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

redbeard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2009, 9:00 am

I've been here a few years ago and had posted a couple of posts back then but the next day the forum went off-line for a week or so and I haven't been here since. So, if anything goes wrong with the board tomorrow you know who to blame.

On a more serious note: I was diagnosed with autism in early 2007 after just one short conversation with the shrink, my parents had to fill in a large amount of paperwork but that was it. At the time I was quite sure about my diagnosis because I was as spontaneous in social interaction as the stereotypical Rainman due to the extreme fear I had around people. In the last few years I have become much more social and spontaneous and feel that I might be misdiagnosed, that the problems I had were the result of a f*cked up youth and not a neurological disorder. These thoughts get fuelled by the experiences I have in a (great) relationship with an aspi-girl, when we first met she thought I was a stereotypical aspi because of my insecurity but as we became less insecure around each other I noted more and more that many of the autistic problems she has, especially dealing with unexpected events, annoying background noises or non-verbal communication. I re-joined to get some insight on this subject.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2009, 5:00 pm

Welcome back to the Wrong Planet community, redbeard.