Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Lilinoe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2020, 12:21 pm

I'm Lilinoe, +40 female from Scandinavia, looking forward to great discussions and company of other people on the spectrum. I've felt a little lonely lately, but don't really have time or energy to socialize much IRL right now, so I thought joining this community might be a good idea.
I'm also newly trained Expert by Experience on Asperger's, dreaming to to be able to make a living out of making the life of fellow Aspies a little bit easier some day soon.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 3:01 pm

Welcome here! :mrgreen:

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 3:23 pm

Hello and welcome :D

Im curious, what is "Expert by Experience on Asperger's"?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 3:32 pm

Hello. Welcome to Wrong Planet. :)

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 3:43 pm

Lilinoe wrote:
I'm Lilinoe, +40 female from Scandinavia, looking forward to great discussions and company of other people on the spectrum. I've felt a little lonely lately, but don't really have time or energy to socialize much IRL right now, so I thought joining this community might be a good idea.
I'm also newly trained Expert by Experience on Asperger's, dreaming to to be able to make a living out of making the life of fellow Aspies a little bit easier some day soon.
Idk what "I'm also newly trained Expert by Experience on Asperger's," this means but welcome.

Lilinoe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2020, 4:01 pm

Thanks, everyone!

Expert by experience (yes, I had to look the translation from a dictionary...) is a person who has gained expertise on an illness, trauma, disability, addiction etc. by surviving it, and then has gone through a training where one learns to use this expertise as a tool to help others in different roles.
It's not a full time job title for most, but one can eg. be a visiting speaker, work in healthcare development projects, as peer support, participate in work groups etc. Our healthcare system has really become interested in using experts by experience, since patient experience is valuable and knowledge learned from experience supplements academic knowledge on many subjects, and the feedback of using experts by experience has been really good.

I finished my training just around the time Covid hit, and so far have had just two speaking gigs, both to nursing school students. They went very well, and it felt awesome to share information that might help future nurses to treat well fellow Autists they are going to meet in the future.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 4:04 pm

Lilinoe wrote:
Thanks, everyone!

Expert by experience (yes, I had to look the translation from a dictionary...) is a person who has gained expertise on an illness, trauma, disability, addiction etc. by surviving it, and then has gone through a training where one learns to use this expertise as a tool to help others in different roles.
It's not a full time job title for most, but one can eg. be a visiting speaker, work in healthcare development projects, as peer support, participate in work groups etc. Our healthcare system has really become interested in using experts by experience, since patient experience is valuable and knowledge learned from experience supplements academic knowledge on many subjects, and the feedback of using experts by experience has been really good.

I finished my training just around the time Covid hit, and so far have had just two speaking gigs, both to nursing school students. They went very well, and it felt awesome to share information that might help future nurses to treat well fellow Autists they are going to meet in the future.
Intereseting, I have dealt with alot of mental illness and trauma maybe i should do that.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 7:20 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet Lilinoe. I hope your dreams become reality.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 9:01 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

lowerr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2020, 6:02 am

hey there! hello and welcome to this community!

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 7:46 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 7:39 am

Welcome aboard

Lilinoe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2020, 12:18 pm

Thanks for a warm welcome! This community feels quite awesome.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 6:09 am

Welcome.

Skinner
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jul 2020, 6:49 am

Hello Lilinoe :)

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 7:08 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet :D. Best of Luck in your new career.