Hey I'm with AS, and I'd like to make new friends

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Jerick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2006, 4:46 am

HI, I am known as Jerick. I am 200% sure of my condition with AS. I need no argument to prove it, for I only need a simple diag from the hospital... anyway. I have it, and i don't make many friends in school. I am in 8th Grade (going to 9th) and I have apllied for several technology-oriented magnet programs to suit my liking. I enjoy these things. I want to make friends with people around the country (and the world) cause I have not true friends in my school. I need some help with my issues with school, and I would appreciate as much has as possible, if anyone can, and a reply would be very nice, too. I love to talk about these things, and I hope most of you do too.

-JErick

YAY FORUMS!! !! !

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2006, 12:35 pm

Welcome, JErick.

My son is a seventh grader. To say he has issues at school would be a huge understatement.

So what's going on at school?

BeeBee

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Feb 2006, 3:51 pm

welcome jerrick

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2006, 3:52 pm

Sorry but no aspie would say they are 200% sure of anything because were too literal to get it :-p, I mean welcome :-D. Do you got any messenger I love talking to aspies younger then me (at least chronologically.)

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Jerick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2006, 4:17 pm

yah idk how i know, i just know somehow.. but liefs okay (i 'accidentally' missed school today) but yeah, my first post was just a piece of the big enchalada, but i am confused :)

Jerick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2006, 4:20 pm

BeeBee wrote:
Welcome, JErick.

My son is a seventh grader. To say he has issues at school would be a huge understatement.

So what's going on at school?

BeeBee

Um. well people do what i think is "typical" (I think).... they call me names, they never want to talk to me, they wanna stay away from me as far as they can, and they lie to me for everything and they take advantage of me (the counselor says) and my friends aren't friends, and people treat me like i literally have a disease by giving me some sort of 'ugly' face and walking away from me...

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2006, 5:06 pm

Yeah, unfortunitely that does sound way to typical.

You mentioned a councilor. He pretty helpful?

At my son's school we had to have the teachers reoganize the seating chart so D was up front, near the teacher, and with supportive kids. A whole bunch of rooms changed at the same time so the kids never knew it was to get D away from the brats who were tanting him. It continued in the hall so I asked the principal what he was going to do as harasment of a disablied student because of his disablity is clearly illegal. D never calls himself disabled and niether do I but I wanted the principal's attention. There are srtict laws about this. The principal gave detention to the worse offenders and assigned more hall monitors in the areas D is at. I think it helped.

BeeBee

Jerick
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2006, 6:15 pm

BeeBee wrote:
Yeah, unfortunitely that does sound way to typical.

You mentioned a councilor. He pretty helpful?

At my son's school we had to have the teachers reoganize the seating chart so D was up front, near the teacher, and with supportive kids. A whole bunch of rooms changed at the same time so the kids never knew it was to get D away from the brats who were tanting him. It continued in the hall so I asked the principal what he was going to do as harasment of a disablied student because of his disablity is clearly illegal. D never calls himself disabled and niether do I but I wanted the principal's attention. There are srtict laws about this. The principal gave detention to the worse offenders and assigned more hall monitors in the areas D is at. I think it helped.

BeeBee

I clearly agree, and i wouldv'e done the same if i were you

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 2:59 pm

Hi, Jerick. :D Hope you enjoy WP and find some really good friends on here. Many people here can understand what you're going through at school.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

BladeX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2006, 3:57 pm

Hey Jerick, thanks for saying hi in my topic :). Figured I'd come over and say hi in this one lol.