Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Electricbassguy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2009, 12:38 am

I just joined this forum nine minutes ago, but I'm not new to internet message boards, and have had more than my share of experience and drama within various forums, partially (but not completely) caused by my Asperger's Syndrome, but also by my (well I think) my good looks, personality, and inability to read others online. :-P

I might seem like I'm trolling you guys on here because I have a negative view of "aspie culture" and I assume you guys stand by that. I find aspie culture to be people who don't want to improve themselves so they go "I'm a ret*d" as an excuse for any problems they have.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 12:47 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 4:38 am

i also disdain those negative ones who either seem to have no real desire to improve and slip away into the mire of ignorance and self-denial.

i disdain further those same people who take it a step further & b!tch & complain about it.
i call them kings&queens of melodrama. and this select group seems discontent to have the courtesy to at least keep their negativity to themselves, but tosses it from them like a poison contaminating irresponsibly the minds of others and possibly drawing more into their ranks or potential suicidals. bitter people they are.

me on the other hand i like to try to counter-act such behavior where and when i can. such ignorance grates on me and i like to help people, so seeing all this psychologically damaging behavior drives me crazy. i get the insane urge to start slapping sense into people. but settle for verbal combat. using arsenals of undeniable logic, common sense, and everything else i know of subtly shaming people who twist statistics and parts-of-truths to suit their thinking.

a good few are simply "trolls" and such is their sole purpose, but there are also resident regualrs with this sad habit as well.

there should be an unofficial anti-negativity league formed on the boards. there really should.
as if AS and Autism didn't present enough naturally without these jokers to stir people up.

Dancyclancy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2009, 6:34 am

Why post here if you have a negative view of "aspie culture" ( whatever you mean by that)?

That is unless you're a masochist! :?

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 10:53 am

Welcome aboard the Wrong Planet, Electricbassguy.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Oct 2009, 2:48 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 5:06 pm

Dancyclancy wrote:
Why post here if you have a negative view of "aspie culture" ( whatever you mean by that)?

actually i believe he was referring to the negative connotation of "aspie culture". being mostly the inevitable number drama llama bitter aspies that tend to crop up in such high aspie gatherings.

i could be wrong though.
in which case my paragraphs-long repsonse was wasted breath

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2009, 5:06 pm

Dancyclancy wrote:

actually i believe he was referring to the negative connotation of "aspie culture". being mostly the inevitable number drama llama bitter aspies that tend to crop up in such high aspie gatherings.

i could be wrong though.
in which case my paragraphs-long repsonse was wasted breath

Electricbassguy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2009, 3:45 am

Yes that was what I was referring to.

I don't see why someone should be proud to have asperger's... maybe proud of overcoming the challenges that come with it, but not proud just to have it

Dancyclancy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Oct 2009, 5:42 pm

Hi Electricbassguy Apologies! :(

I agree there is nothing to be proud about being AS, it is sort of like saying you're proud to be human, or born.........

However, if the word PROUD is used in the same manner as PROUD to be gay then I understand that use of PRIDE to mean "NOT ASHAMED".

Electricbassguy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2009, 6:34 am

Well I am proud in that sense... it's something that happened to me.

I was ashamed when I was around 10-13 though. I wanted to pretend I had never had it.