New here, not sure if I'm ASD, but I sure am a mess...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

WorldsEdge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2009, 12:07 pm

by most standards, though not necessarily my own...

I'm presently undergoing treatment for major depression, for which I'm taking two different types of anti-depressants. I've also been diagnosed as ADHD-PI for which I'm also taking two kinds of medicines as well as a sedative to stop the jaw-grinding that started after I got rolling on this pill parade. (The psychiatrist I see for my prescriptions wasn't sure which medicine is causing this, but what's one more pill, right? :roll: )

I have a four year old son with a PDD-NOS diagnosis that puts him on the autism spectrum, or so everyone but the school district where we live seems to think. So we've been fighting for additional services and they've grudgingly giving him some.

Anyway, the social worker I see is starting to seriously wonder if I might be Asperger's as well, or that perhaps that what they've been calling ADHD-PI is not that but instead is Asperger's.

So I thought I'd register on this site and poke around. Not sure how much or how often I'll be posting, but I figured I should do at least a courtesy introduction post.

"The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken." ? Bertrand Russell

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 12:13 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 3:53 pm

Hello WorldsEdge, welcome, enjoy your stay on the Wrong Planet!

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

FuzzyElephants
Raven
Raven

17 Dec 2009, 7:29 pm

Hello WorldsEdge, i'm new here too just thought i'd say hi. I don't remember where I heard this so it may not be all that credible but I remember hearing somewhere in the news that researchers are begining to think that ADHD and ADD are part of the autism spectrum... might be something worth looking into.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Dec 2009, 4:47 am

To WrongPlanet!! !Image