Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 5:35 pm

A quick intro: I'm female, 40-something, health care professional (actually I have learned quite a bit about Asperger's in my studies and career, and have suspected I have it for a long time), not officially diagnosed (except for adult ADHD) but looking into it. I don't use my real name online due to some previous bad experiences.

My interests...hmmm...science, philosophy, languages (I am fluent in two, English and Spanish, and I've been studying Romanian for 10 months, want to be fluent in 5 as a lifetime goal), photography, music, animals (I'm a cat person, as you can tell by my nick), I'm married and actually that relationship is one of the things that is prompting me to look at an evaluation...my husband has ADHD but not Asperger's and so does my oldest son (16), but I think my daughter may have both (she's 12). I have a 9 year old who seems pretty typically developing to me.

That's about it for now,
Kate

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 7:40 pm

That's a pretty interesting intro, and we and myself here will welcome you to wrongplanet. :)

My interest is also science (more into the space side) and i'm also teaching myself Spanish which I'm doing pretty well at but not fluent just yet, its probably a looong way for me to go.

Another cat lover. :) There are lots of them around, so you definitely fit in there. :)

Enjoy your quest here.

- superboyian

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 7:52 pm

Meow and welcome to the forum! Im always glad to see another catperson,but you dont mention if you have any yourself or not. Im the same towards using my real name online with bad experiences. I hope you will get good and valuable experiences here on Wrong Planet, please join in and talk with us :-)

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 8:17 pm

xalepax wrote:
Meow and welcome to the forum! Im always glad to see another catperson,but you dont mention if you have any yourself or not. Im the same towards using my real name online with bad experiences. I hope you will get good and valuable experiences here on Wrong Planet, please join in and talk with us :-)

Unfortunately, I am currently "between cats" :( :( :( My beautiful maine coon cat, Maggie, died on Christmas day of lymphoma. She was 13 years old. I'm starting to think about looking for another one soon. I do have a four year old Papillon dog who is a real sweetie with HUGE ears, and four gerbils at present (at one time we had 24...long story, doofus at the pet store couldn't tell gender accurately and sold us "two males" that weren't both males...and I couldn't part with the babies...)

~Kate

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 8:24 pm

welcome to WP!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 10:26 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 1:23 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet. :)

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 1:28 pm

Welcome to WP. :)

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Feb 2010, 4:00 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 7:36 am

Hello Kate, welcome, enjoy your stay on the Wrong Planet!

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths