Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

FJP
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Aug 2010, 10:08 pm

I have made a few post but I thought I should do an introduction. My son was diagnosed with AS a few months ago. Both doctors (we got a second opinion) said that I have it too. At 35 I don't know what to do with this information for myself (it sure explains alot though). I hope I can help my son navigate the world a little better.
My wife and I have been checking out the site for awile and it's nice that there is such a vibrant community here. I hope we can become a part of it.

hutchscott
Toucan
Toucan

15 Aug 2010, 10:31 pm

Welcome. How old is your son?

Thomas246
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Aug 2010, 10:32 pm

Welcome to the community. I'm also new myself, but the one thing I learned is that everyone here is mature and helpful.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 10:49 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ChasUFarley
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Aug 2010, 11:39 pm

Hi. I'm 39 years old, recent diagnosed AS and have a 5 year old son who was diagnosed autism, high-functioning, this spring. I also have a 9 year old son who I suspect is AS. Like you, I think knowing that I'm AS will help me be a better advocate for my boys. I think we'll probably connect later on when they start having more social challenges.

And like you, I don't know what else to do with this information. I've had mixed emotions about it; liberated to find other like me and to be myself with and angry that I've struggled for all these years and was misdiagnosed. I hope that makes sense.

ChasUFarley
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Aug 2010, 11:46 pm

Hi. I'm 39 years old, recent diagnosed AS and have a 5 year old son who was diagnosed autism, high-functioning, this spring. I also have a 9 year old son who I suspect is AS. Like you, I think knowing that I'm AS will help me be a better advocate for my boys. I think we'll probably connect later on when they start having more social challenges.

And like you, I don't know what else to do with this information. I've had mixed emotions about it; liberated to find other like me and to be myself with and angry that I've struggled for all these years and was misdiagnosed. I hope that makes sense.

wrathofnero
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2010, 12:11 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet! I can say they are like a tight-knit family here. It's great!

FJP
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2010, 12:15 am

hutchscott wrote:
Welcome. How old is your son?

My son is 6.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 2:55 am