Page 5 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

CraigBwfc
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2010, 9:55 am

My obsession is everything to do with Ben 10.

I know everything about the franchise, I watch it all the time. I have all the DVD's, I have the video games, I have the magazine collection "Alien Adventures". I have posters all over my walls.

I'm also a massive Bolton Wanderers fan and I do obsess about that as well (and all football/soccer in general), but to be fair, NT's who follow a football team in the UK tend to obsess about is as well! So that might not have anything to do with my Aspergers :D

So, my main Aspie obsession definitely has to be the Ben 10 franchise! 8)

bobbysands
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Nov 2010, 10:43 am

My obsession is early PAL-colour television broadcasts, the 1970's and early 1980's music scene, football and television , dates, numbers and years. I'm also interested in metals, pc/internet, alternative views, alternative health/home remedies but also have other interests, which I would only mention to open-minded/liberally-minded understanding people.

AbleBaker
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2010, 11:27 am

RainingRoses wrote:

Completing collections of things. Anything! I don't care! Records and CDs are a great example. Need to have recordings of *all* the Haydn symphonies (there are 104); and every one of the Scarlatti keyboard sonatas (there are 555 -- what a perfect number!). Doesn't matter that I'll never have time in my life to listen to and enjoy all of this music. Incompleteness drives me *nuts*. I also collect old Bibles, and I'm missing one volume of a five-volume set published in the mid-20th Century. It's super rare. The only place I've ever seen it is at the New York Public Library. (I go there occasionally on my lunch hour to visit it as it's non-circulating.) I'm driving myself practically insane trying to find my own copy. Searching eBay and online used book sellers all night long. BUT, you know what will happen once I do find it and buy it? Nothing. I'll drop the whole issue as though I never cared about it in the first place. This is how my obsessions go . . .

Does anyone identify with this stuff or that in my previous post immediately above???
That sounds like me.

I have a number of what I call "my interests" - The Beatles, different TV Shows the main one which changes over time but they never leave my list (oh, I keep lists), Comics - mainly Superman, Books - just about any but especially about "my interests - Spaceflight current & history & lately other history - but whatever it is I have to have everything associated with it. Of course that's impossible so it's a never ending quest but the missing item in a set will stay at the back of my mind for years until I find it.

StormCrow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2010, 2:29 pm

I love history, well more like experimental archeology.
My side of the basement is full of clothes, shields, spears. and my room looks like a museum (but without those little plaque things) with swords, pictures, books. .

I'm always in the Basement making something from the past. Lately it's instruments (made a didgeridoo, banjo, Rebec, Mandolin) and ancient Paleo stuff like Atl-Atls's

My first job was a Blacksmith apprentice at Old Sturbridge Village and I wish I could work as a Historical Interpreter at a Norse/Medieval/18th century Village, but I have no clue how to get that job (like what school to go to)

Ok I'll stop there before I start to babble one.

FarqyTheIndolent
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2010, 2:41 pm

In the narrow sense: philosophy of science, and the Scottish rail network.
In a somewhat broader sense: philosophy and UK rail networks as a whole.

I have a number of less obsessive interests, of course.

Adam_Raki
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Nov 2010, 1:15 pm

Hi and Welcome to WP!

My obsession is about the Universe, more precisely, Theoretical Physics and Maths... I am really obsessed by this! It seems to be kind of crazy but I can "see" equations and numbers in front of me, superposed to the real world, moving, arranging themselves, like a symphony... I know when a result is false! I see it when I look at an equation... I manipulate virtual 3D geometrical objects or numbers with my hands but I am the only one to see that.... NO, I AM NOT CRAZY! lol :)
Sometimes I can't sleep until I put on a paper those things, ideas etc...

But it can also be very dangerous, because during these times I disconnect from the "real world"... So, for example, I can't drive safely...

And for the ones who knows that music and maths are related, my other obsession is... music, of course! :)

Okay, now, all WP people know that Adam is kind of crazy... ;)
Just aspie obsessions!

See you around,
:)

Last edited by Adam_Raki on 28 Nov 2010, 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 3:00 pm

I have more than one.

1. A band called "Great Big Sea"
2. People
3. The environment
4. Public transit
5. A radio host named "Jian Ghomeshi"

MY PAST ONES HAVE BEEN..........

1. Toy Story (For about a month or 2)
2. Roller coasters
3. Ferries
4. The planets
5. Radio stations
6. Floors in the house (Such as the attic/basement)
7. Winnie the Pooh
8. School

AspieLeader
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Nov 2010, 4:15 pm

Hello. This is a nice forum.
I am just starting to get obsessed with fitness at the moment. I would not exactly call it an obsession, per se, but I can be very good and strict about it.

zweisamkeit
Raven
Raven

30 Nov 2010, 10:01 am

Learning languages and about foreign cultures.... I always felt like i was born in the wrong country since i was little little.....

I try to learn at least a little in each language and then go after some til i am fluent.

Spanish, German, French, Hindi, Arabic..so on so forth..

drumchick34
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Nov 2010, 7:44 pm

Medical stuff (specifically diseases and chromosome disorders/syndromes), shows and documentaries about prison life, and books (I love Dostoevsky!).

slasher666

30 Nov 2010, 10:51 pm

I am 16 years old and I'm from Pickering, Ontario. I love to look at maps, and my very favourite map company is a company called MapArt, which has its headquarters in Oshawa, Ontario. They are so good that there's not even another company whose maps are anywhere near as good. I love memorizing geography facts, and right now I'm trying to memorize the capital of every country in the world. I love listening to music and learning facts about songs, artists, and genres. I want to go to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame sometime. More than anything I love travelling, but unfortunately, I hardly ever get to do it because it's too expensive. I've never even been on a plane before. I am looking for a career in either cartoon voices or more likely a travel agent.

by: Daniel Myers
aka: slasher666

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 5:22 am

Cheeks.... No I mean really, yea I know im weird like that. :lol:

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 2:21 am

^my ex was obsessed with cheeks too 8O
guess my obsession is positive natural energy
and fluffy cats! :lol:

jeicoll
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Dec 2010, 3:17 am

bien , Bienvenido, mi odsecion es escribir lo que sea ay expreso lo que quiero, Ya he publicado mi primera novela de Amor Real, me gusta averiguar los conceptos de palabras muy llamativas que deconosca asi averiguo su origen,Historia y como se caracteriza, yo soy muy adsecivo a estar solo y aprender sobre el mundo =) desde niño mi odsecion fue bailar, después actuar, después crear paginas web, en cada mes me viene mi nueva odsecion de descubrir mas cosas raras del mundo, de que es la mentira y por que cuando digo una mentira no la puedo decir por que me cuesta hablar la, y asi se dan cuenta y como los demás lo dicen con tranquilidad son muchas odcesiones miar =)

Meggo

03 Dec 2010, 9:50 pm

Pre-adulthood, I was obsessed with the paranormal and books. I had about 3000 books in my childhood home all stacked three rows deep. When I had to move, I sold most of them, which was very difficult. But I managed to make a good chunk of money. I still love the paranormal and books. My dream is to be a fiction writer and right now I'm working on a book.

In adulthood, my obsession has shifted more toward movies and television. I frequent the IMDB website a lot, especially when I see someone who looks familiar. It's like a game of "search and find" for me.

My other obsession is relationships. They're a big mystery to me. In short, I'm not entirely sure love can truly exist between a man and a woman, at least not in the way most women imagine. Marriages leave me befuddled. I see them as contractual relationships that often fall apart after the children grow up or the other initial motivation disappears. Two people should be together, because they want to be together and not held together by a contract. I could probably go on like that forever -- but basically I like to learn about people and WHY they do things.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 11:07 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet! My obsession is the movies of Tim Burton. My top favorites are Alice in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd and Edward Scissorhands.

That's one of mine too! Although, mine is more of an obsession with Johnny Depp branching into an interest in Tim Burton, but I am very interested in both of them. Others of mine: Harry Potter; animals, specifically dogs and dog training; Guitar Hero/Rock Band type games, freshwater fish, movies and tv in general. I have a lot, the more I think about it the more I come up with. When I was 8 I came to the realization that I can't know everything in the world, but I can still try!