Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AldousH
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2010, 5:40 pm

Given that this is my first post, a little introduction is in order.

I haven't been diagnosed with any sort of aspergers or autism but the psychologist who administered a Rorschach test to my a while ago considered that there is a very high probability of me having a high functioning autism. I do feel a rift between me and everybody else and noticed that when it comes to communicating and forming relations there are a whole bunch of stuff that other people seem to do out of instinct (not at all unlike dogs...) that I just don't get.

Anyways, my curiosity is this:

Have any of you done any dangerously irresponsible acts just for the heck of it? Without targeting someone in particular, but rather undiscriminated.
For example, a while back I used to throw my chemicals down the sink (amongst which were about 3 liters of Pyridine) partly out of commodity, partly because I don't find any safety regulations necessary when it comes to disposing such small quantities of toxic material. But even though I would of thought it a real danger, I probably would of disposed it the same way :twisted:
This is the type of action I'm referring to, not some terrorist act (God forbid!), but not an innocent "fick-you-to-the-world" either.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 6:04 pm

Does your screen name allude to Aldous Huxley?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 7:28 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 10:42 pm

AldousH wrote:
the psychologist who administered a Rorschach test to my a while ago considered that there is a very high probability of me having a high functioning autism.

i don't have an answer to your question but i find this fascinating.

what on earth did you see in the ink blots that the psychologist thought indicated autism???

AldousH
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2010, 2:48 am

Yes, it does allude to Aldeus Huxley.

katzefrau wrote:
AldousH wrote:
the psychologist who administered a Rorschach test to my a while ago considered that there is a very high probability of me having a high functioning autism.

i don't have an answer to your question but i find this fascinating.

what on earth did you see in the ink blots that the psychologist thought indicated autism???

As far as I know the Rorschach doesn't indicate autism. I think it was my general conduct during the test, which is an important part of the examination.
I've read his final assessment but it didn't give much more details then that, sorry.

btw - I saw lots of ducks, crabs, predatory animals and scary or supernatural things - a vampire; satan; an idol atop a hill with two people running towards it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 7:19 am

A very special Welkome to WrongPlanet, with a K.

The WP Kink