17 year old Aspie gamer girl from Michigan

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 4:07 pm

Wow, where to start, well, first of all, my name is Courtney and I am seventeen years old and have been diagnosed with Asperger's since I was five years old pretty much after my social and communication skills plateaued. I am Catholic and currently a senior in high school and I plan to go to college somewhere downstate and I currently do not have a boyfriend and I never have. Some of my friends do though... Sometimes I wonder what guy would want to put up with a geek like me... I tried to follow this book called "The Rules" of course, I took it too seriously to the point that I did not even talk to guys because I thought that you could only talk to them if they talk to you first... I totally misinterpreted it...

I misinterpret a lot of stuff or I don't realize the multiple meanings behind words like I thought that "gay" only meant "happy" so I could not figure out why in the world people were so fed up with "gay marriage" because I thought they were referring to "happy marriage" I was like "Isn't that what you want to be when you get married?"

Growing up has been really hard for me, especially because of my teachers because they could not put me in a specific category. I was neither completely disabled, but I was not necessarily normal so I never truly fitted in. I did find my niche in anime and video games. There are so many games I like! I'm a Nintendo fangirl and I love RPGs like the Earthbound trilogy, Zelda, Final Fantasy (the 8 and 16 bit ones) and Pokemon... definitely Pokemon... That was and still my favorite thing in the whole wide world. I loved it ever since Yellow and I am currently waiting for Black and White to come out in English (I am already an N fangirl, SQUEEE!! !) I just think it's really cool that the creator, Satoshi Tajiri has Asperger's too. It's like it was a game made by an Aspie for Aspies. It's definitely a game that is easy to pick up, but hard to truly master, especially when it comes to competitive battling.

As for my username, it comes from the fact that I am half Slovak and half German and I have a really cool Slovak last name and I still celebrate my heritage, especially during Christmas time with my traditional dinner of Sauer Kraut Soup and prune and poppy seed biscuits, prune cake, and a nut roll known as kolachi. And siren? Well, it fits...

I also attend many anime conventions annually in Michigan and I also like to cosplay, or dressing up and acting like the character I am being and also I enjoy drawing too.

There is so much more about me to discuss, but I just cannot think of it off the top of my head!

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Oct 2010, 4:09 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! Geekiness is an attractive quality to a lot of guys!

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 4:12 pm

Thanks, lol, yeah, and so is it to a lot of girls like myself...

RyanS
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Oct 2010, 4:25 pm

I think you'll find the topics here interesting and informative. Take care.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 5:14 pm

Welcome!

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 5:22 pm

Well I don't go buy the name Zeldapsychology for nothing I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE! Legend of Zelda fan!! !! ! I also find the field of Psychology interesting. I like a lot of video game genres as well. I love RPG'S and the NES/SNES FF games YA FFVI!! !! !! :-) Kefka RULES! Glad you found WP. You'll enjoy it here. :-)

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 5:47 pm

Hello, Courtney - and welcome greetings to the Wrong Planet forums.

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2010, 7:01 pm

17 year old Aspie gamer girl from Michigan... Oh wow you must be one of a kind lol. But in all seriousness you seem like the only kind of girls I could ever even get along with were ones like you anyway. You were just looking n the wrong spot before. You're going to be dog-piled on here more than likely. I mean a post like that is like throwing a juicy steak in a guard dog pen. Hehe well I hope you like it here, as I have so far. Even though I seem to be too active...

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'"-George Carlin

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 8:17 pm

Wow... dog piled? Well, I can be picky about boys just so you know... I totally fall for the geeky types though...

But if any one of you attend the anime convetions Youmacon, JAFAX, or NMACon, yeah... that would be great. I also am a regular on Serebii and Starmen as Tabby Catty and Slovaksiren respectively.

Also, my deviantart account is Shadyhibiscus if you are also wondering, I post all of my drawings up there. The way I update is usually I draw a crap load of pictures and then I upload them all at the same time usually it can be about every other month or so depending on my imagination. However, I could not become a professional comic book writer like I wanted to, after all, my imagination cannot work on a deadline.

I am considering going to college to become a research scientist. Analytical Chemistry sounds like fun and I'm really analytical almost to the point where I analyze things too much!

Also, yeah, I LOVE ZELDA! It all started when I was ten and I got Link to the Past. It was the Gameboy Advance port of it with Four Swords, but it was so much fun.

I have the maturity of a seventeen year old, but I am extremely child-like. My brother and I used to love Pokemon when we were four and six years old, but then my brother grew out of it when he was eight while I still liked it. He secretly plays Pokemon Yellow though. Me on the other hand, I still love it! Sure, I do have my ups and downs, usually I will get bored after some time, but then suddenly a new game comes out and I instantly fall in love.

There is something about me and my cycles of interest. I find out all I can about one subject and when I am satisfied and found out everything pretty much, I move on and if there is something new, I usually come back to it. I love researching. I research almost everything, I do a lot of extra research on stuff I learn at school to!

thehandmedown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2010, 8:32 pm

welcome

Im also from michigan

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 9:48 pm

Hello and welcome to WP!

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2010, 10:15 pm

I grew up with a NES. I still have my copies of super Mario bro's and the first metroid. Then I got everything else. I can't wait to get to know you better. I'm almost as geeky as they come. But then again I'm saying this on a predominantly geeky site so... I guess I'm normal or below average geeky here XD.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'"-George Carlin

GraphicHayley
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Oct 2010, 8:02 pm

Haha you're so excited. You'll find a guy. Make sure he's sweet. Also, did you know pokemon was invented by a guy with aspergers? Interesting huh? I just found that out today. I used to love it too :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 8:04 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 3:12 pm

slovaksiren wrote:
But if any one of you attend the anime convetions Youmacon, JAFAX, or NMACon, yeah... that would be great.

I went to JAFAX this year, it was my first time.

I might actually dress up next year :oops:

ReallyGoodName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2010, 3:47 am

I love Pokemon!