Post ONE fact about yourself (and your asperger's)

Page 1 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

ElliottHird
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2006, 8:53 am

Uh, no essays would probably be a good idea. Short would be best. It can be good or bad, or anything. I'm trying to put what I wanted to say into words, but I'll post it shortly.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2006, 12:17 pm

I can remember pi to 30 decimal places and my Aspergers is just mild.

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2006, 12:22 pm

i know the fist 75 prime numbers of by heart

i know phi to 29 decimal places

i see prime number popping up all over the place.

i am nipulate number so i can turne any two number into a prime it make me feel safe

i am semi-mute

jammie

$lion = "constant";
$lil_lion = "escape";
$baby = "dum dum, babo";
$jammie = $lion."sheepy and my comforts";

$jamie = $lion.$lil_lion.$baby.$jammie;
?>

Spriteling
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jun 2006, 12:34 pm

I've memorised pi to 100 digits.

I'm starting tot memorise the first 100 prime numbers.

I can't touch most types of paper.

ElliottHird
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2006, 12:35 pm

- If you say one word about me to other people (or indeed my name), don't expect to talk to me again.

AluunDar
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2006, 12:37 pm

i can understand chemistry i.e.[making fireworks] and mechanical engineering without using math or going to school for it but i have been doing it since i was a child but not making fireworks until i was 16

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2006, 2:47 pm

I only have AS mildly but I can remember people's phone numbers from as far back as 15 years ago even though the numbers don't exist anymore or belong to someone else and addresses. I actually shock people with what I remember in this sense. I was talking to an ex a couple of months ago and I was able to tell him what his first three mobile phone numbers were (bearing in mind we split up 6 years ago and he got his first number before we started dating 8 years ago and I obviously don't have any of his old numbers).

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2006, 3:19 pm

my girlfriends father died and i didnt care.
she is now my ex.

Iammeandnooneelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2006, 5:04 pm

I have green eyes...or I should have.
Get fustrated when 'rude' is mentioned.

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2006, 6:19 pm

I'm a musician yet can't express myself properly [via *any* medium.]

Still unsure as to any dx - I think I'm one or two missing from the DSM-IV criteria. Else I'd probably say I'm almost certain.

(Don't know if that counts ... )

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2006, 6:29 pm

When I was 16, I was completely mindblind. I suffer from all the perceptual gaps of AS. The next year I became obsessed with social interaction and I began to study it. Within six months I could read things out of body language and expressions that most normal people couldn't catch, although I still had some deficits. More than a decade later I don't dare let anyone know the full extent of what I can do or how much I really know. A few friends have a clue, but even they don't know my full limitations.

I've tried to teach a few people the same skills, but they reach a certain point and then stop getting better at it.

In spite of all the information I can pick up, I've only gotten somewhat better at hiding my lack of expression.

klassobanieras
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jun 2006, 7:31 pm

I can recite the number '5' to several thousand decimal places. I can't explain how; the digits just somehow pop into my head. Some day I hope to hold the world record...

ozkaz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2006, 8:35 pm

i remember movie and books and all kind of trival but i cant add up or budjet money :?

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2006, 2:44 am

I am a musician. I can imagine ensemble music in my head, or ones that I make myself (although I've never written a piece of it down). I can also draw in extreme detail, and I have memories clear to when I was 2 or 3 years old. I don't know if my AS can be considered mild; there are certain parts that can be considered mild in some's AS, but then there are certain parts that can be said to be severe. I'm not quite sure; but I think that it's in between severe and mild.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2006, 12:56 pm

I'm an novelist and an Author of four novels. I can tell anyone how to properly format a manuscript. I'm a critic as well because I critic how people say such words or if they say something instead of saying something I understand by another name. I'm not that really good with numbers but I love picking out words or random numbers on car tags.

PenitentSpark
Raven
Raven

21 Jun 2006, 12:59 pm

aspiegirl2 wrote:
I am a musician. I can imagine ensemble music in my head, or ones that I make myself (although I've never written a piece of it down). I can also draw in extreme detail, and I have memories clear to when I was 2 or 3 years old. I don't know if my AS can be considered mild; there are certain parts that can be considered mild in some's AS, but then there are certain parts that can be said to be severe. I'm not quite sure; but I think that it's in between severe and mild.

Argh I'm just about the opposite. My memory is horrible except for random things and subjects I enjoy, and I can't draw to save someone's life.