Post ONE fact about yourself (and your asperger's)

Page 8 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

goaszw1997
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Nov 2019, 2:29 am

my Aspergers helps me to be frugal with my money.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2019, 6:05 pm

goaszw1997 wrote:
my Aspergers helps me to be frugal with my money.

opposite state

icecreamcart
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2019, 6:31 am

anxiety.

that was easy.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 5:47 pm

I get uncontrollable and exhausting obsessions about things, which can be good and bad. Some have lead to useful skills and knowledge, others have been downright scary and dangerous. My language is art and I am able to paint a picture with almost photo-realism. Anxiety is a constant companion.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2019, 9:47 pm

aquafelix wrote:
I get uncontrollable and exhausting obsessions about things, which can be good and bad. Some have lead to useful skills and knowledge, others have been downright scary and dangerous. My language is art and I am able to paint a picture with almost photo-realism. Anxiety is a constant companion.

This is very well-put.
I noticed autistic people seem to gravitate to one thing but they basically become that thing.

The younger one I have, he's been obsessed with vehicles since he was just a few months old, yet nobody introduced vehicle toys to him or anything.
He just was fascinated.

And this interest/passion consumes him so much, he can turn anything into a machine or vehicle in his head, while other kids are doing things quietly, crafts, typical games. He talks about cars all the time when it's completely irrelevant to anything. He'll just say, "Look a truck! I see concrete mixer! Spinning round and round! Oh ambulance!' etc in any situation (when those things are nowhere to be seen).

He's just making loud car noises all day. And when I said 'BECOME' several people have told me, 'he moves in such a mechanical way. like a clockwork toy'
'his voice sounds metallic.' etc

The other kid has always been dreamy/loves beautiful paintings/nature, and he gets carried away where he can just be enjoying the clouds and beauty of nature and literally put himself in danger constantly.
You have to be right next to him as his mind is only on the beautiful sky, not the imminent dangers of oncoming traffic.

It's pretty cool actually to be consumed so much by an interest.... if the world would only realize and not expect everyone to be the same way.