Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 7:12 pm

I just thought it would be an interesting Idea to make a thread about self esteem.

In this thread, tell us what you like about yourself, and other members here.

No negitive comments in this thread please.

I'll start: (i'm not familiar with many members here)

I like the way MishLuvsHer2Boys is opinionated about a large varitey of topics.

I like civet's posts, as they have alot of thought and in depth information

CockneyRebel seems like a really interesting person with cool intesests.

(i'll have to find a member list so I can remember the names of more members.. )

Crion87
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jan 2005, 8:20 pm

Fiddler seems like a nice person, soft-souled and gentle.

(I'm not too familiar with the others)

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 8:50 pm

Why thank you, hale_bopp.

This is also a good idea for a thread, to help lift the mood a bit :) .

I like that hale_bopp is strong-willed and not afraid of expressing her opinions.

Magic is kind, thoughtful, and intelligent.

Scoots always has something interesting and unique to say.

Vetivert is helpful, and her posts have a way of brightening my day.

I like Duncvis's posts, because he always offers something either informative or level-headed to the conversation.

Melvis is great at giving advice.

Last edited by Civet on 21 Jan 2005, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macvincent
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jan 2005, 8:55 pm

Scoots always has something nice to say.

Duncvis has a good sense of humor and always has something to say.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 9:06 pm

One way to feel better about yourself is to get a dog or help a neighbour's dog... it usually works...

Dogs believe everything a human being does is the realm of godhood... which is half-true from a dog perspective...

"Oh my god! A human being I know is turning a doorknob! I must greet him by constant wagging! Now he's brushing me off and eating potato chips! Truly these are the lords of the earth! And now he's watching music videos! Truly human beings deserve my unthinking adoration!"

Cats are nice because they are low maintenance and they are totally alien to human thought patterns...

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2005, 5:05 am

vetivert has a good sense of humour ~ I think she is funny ~ she makes me laugh :lol:

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2005, 5:15 am

oooh, thank you asparval and civet! this a great idea, hale bopp - well done to you!

i can't actually think of anyone whose posts don't do one of the following things: make me laugh, get me thinking, clarify things for me, make me cross enough to really think about my own opinions. so i won't name names here. as we say in microbiology "TNTC" ("too numerous to count").

:)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2005, 6:13 am

I think cats are quite aware of human emotions. My cat seems drawn to where people are.. and gets upset when she knows someone's upset.

I like the way fiddler posts, too. Vey wise.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2005, 6:26 am

Cheers civet and macvincent :D

I echo vetivert's post -

vetivert wrote:
i can't actually think of anyone whose posts don't do one of the following things: make me laugh, get me thinking, clarify things for me, make me cross enough to really think about my own opinions. so i won't name names here.

And will add that I like the way so many people have positive helpful things to say when people post needing advice or support, and feel free to express dissenting viewpoints without being confrontational about it - WP is becoming a 'proper' community we can be proud of belonging to. I will mention Chris here though - his positive attitude and big hearted posts make me smile :D

Nice thread hale_bopp!

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2005, 8:42 am

Thankyou for the complement, Hale Bop, and I like this idea. :D

TaliDaRadical is a breath of fresh air.

HillarytheBaker tells interesting stories.

Duncivis is full of wisdom.

hale_bop You're full of spunk.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2005, 2:46 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Well this is something I wasn't exactly expecting to be thought of as a positive, usually I get told it's negative and all. Thanks for the compliment I guess. I do try to be other thinks like positive and helpful when I can. I fear often I'm not very interesting. :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2005, 4:14 pm

MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Well this is something I wasn't exactly expecting to be thought of as a positive, usually I get told it's negative and all. Thanks for the compliment I guess. I do try to be other thinks like positive and helpful when I can. I fear often I'm not very interesting. :)

To me it's extremely positive, I tend to look down on people that follow others like sheep just to blend in or be automatically liked. Three thumbs up.

Fiddler
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jan 2005, 4:42 am

There are too many people I like here, and I'm afraid I would forget some of them if I try to make a list.
consequently, I've decided to speak about only one person: the one who let me know that Wrongplanet existed. Her nickname is sparkplugloy. This is why I think she's great: she's wise and inventive, she's courageous and optimistic, and I feel good speaking/writing to her.

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2005, 11:10 am

I don't really know what to say, everyone's great here, and there are so many good qualities about you guys that if i were to list them all, WP would overload and there would be a total shutdown of the site. Iv'e had many a heated discussion with Feste-Fenris over conspiracy theories. Bec know all five Harry Potter books by heart, and if there's ever a question about the Legend of Zelda games that i need answered, Hale-Bopp is the first person i'll ask. There is a whole lot more than that, but like i said, i don't want to overload the computer, so that is all i'll say for the time being. Sayonara, everyone! You guys ROCK!

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

magic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2005, 7:07 am

Hale_bopp, thank you for starting this thread. It was a fantastic idea.

There are too many people whom I could mention, so I will only say that I am grateful to all of you for accepting me, the perpetual outsider, and showing me that I could interact in a way that I never thought possible. I have learned a lot being a member of WrongPlanet, reading your posts and exchanging emails.

Civet, thank you very much for mentioning me and writing so many compliments. I especially appreciate 'kind'. I don't recall anyone calling me this way before.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2005, 8:53 am

I think Duncvis and Melvis are very insightful with their posts, and I think they are good moderators.

I also think Hale_bop as i have seen from her pic, she is very pretty. Hale, I easily think you could be a model. Also don't let people who call you stupid bring you down, I think you're very smart.

Justin