Page 652 of 789 [ 12622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 649, 650, 651, 652, 653, 654, 655 ... 789  Next

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 10:51 am

^I'm sure you are good-looking. And you are in no way pathetic.

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2016, 10:58 am

TheAP wrote:
^I'm sure you are good-looking. And you are in no way pathetic.

Pathetic or not, being good looking is in the eyes of the beholder.

And if they dont plan on acting upon that opinion, then it is of no relevance to me.

SaddeningBore
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Oct 2016, 1:24 am

Hesitant about this in case anyone finds me here, as I'm a crypto-aspie to most people. Still...

(Yes, that is a David Bowie book and a Syd Barrett print in the background. You might also spot the Beach Boys record sleeve sitting above the hi-fi. I deserve a slap.)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2016, 1:52 am

SaddeningBore wrote:
Hesitant about this in case anyone finds me here, as I'm a crypto-aspie to most people. Still...

(Yes, that is a David Bowie book and a Syd Barrett print in the background. You might also spot the Beach Boys record sleeve sitting above the hi-fi. I deserve a slap.)

you have very refined model-like features :wtg:

AlmostHuman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Oct 2016, 7:51 pm

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2016, 9:49 pm

^^^i'd really like to have hair just like yours! :afro:

SaddeningBore
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Oct 2016, 10:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
SaddeningBore wrote:

you have very refined model-like features :wtg:

Thanks - just a pity I'm 5'4"!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2016, 10:56 pm

SaddeningBore wrote:
Thanks - just a pity I'm 5'4"!

with the height-related musculoskeletal ails I have, i'd trade you in a heartbeat. [IOW you could be 6'3" which is good for not needing a stepladder but not that much else].

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 1:53 am

With my tendency to piss people off without realizing why, I’ve always been somewhat afraid of anyone taller than me, so every extra inch would have counted.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 1:54 am

Spiderpig wrote:
With my tendency to piss people off without realizing why, I’ve always been somewhat afraid of anyone taller than me, so every extra inch would have counted.

If you don't mind, would you mind telling me your height? just so I can get a better mental picture of you. :)

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 8:28 am

SaddeningBore wrote:

*slaps you with soft teddybears* :P I hope you don't mind me saying it...but you look pretty adorkable :)

Cintakmarka

04 Oct 2016, 2:56 pm

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 4:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
If you don't mind, would you mind telling me your height? just so I can get a better mental picture of you. :)

A bit less than 5'11''.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 4:08 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

A bit less than 5'11''.

that is tall enough, any taller and one tends to run into problems, sometimes literally. I speak from experience.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 6:21 pm

Still short enough to find a few people taller than me in any group which isn't very small. I've noticed, however, that the fraction of people taller than me varies a lot from one environment to the next, and it tends to be greater among sporty types than in nerdy circles. I can easily find myself surrounded by either, as I don't seem to belong in any group, and some groups do manage to make me feel short.

I seriously wonder how shorter-than-average men manage to make their way through life, especially those who distinctly succeed and don't end up with a bitter attitude. The first thing I remember my peers making very clear to me is that I had good, unreciprocated reasons to fear them, because my physical (presumably innate, since we were too young for any kind of training to have taken much effect) ability to fight was patently no match for theirs, and this was ascribed largely to insufficient raw muscle strength. This alone has always seemed to make me inherently despicable. It isn't hard to imagine that this would have only been worsened by a shorter stature.

Last edited by Spiderpig on 04 Oct 2016, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 6:23 pm

I knew short people in the army who could render a big bully into a pretzel in nothing flat.