Page 502 of 789 [ 12622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 499, 500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505 ... 789  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 6:19 pm

^^^
QFT.

Salmondaze
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jun 2013, 12:18 am

^ ^
^ ^ ^

Aww, shucks.

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jun 2013, 8:40 pm

Image Sorry about the semi wet hair xD

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jun 2013, 9:12 pm

Jainz wrote:
This is my "read something questionable on the internet" face.

Nice picture of you - we all have something to learn from this - to not be to serious about the pictures we take, normally everyone including myself usually either put on a barely wisable smile, an "exaggerated aka the joker style" grin of fakeness or the: "I hate taking being photographed so much, to the point that i won't even bother pulling the corners of my mouth upwards".

*applause for your creativity* :D

Xuluwuki
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jun 2013, 4:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:
And i just want to say, as i'm looking trough the pages, that we're all beautiful! Serious, i've never seen so many beautiful people on a forum! I think Tyra Banks and Janice Dickenson can stop doing their auditions to their modelingprograms, all the beautiful people are right here! :)

I'm pile of s**t mixed with worms and maggots compared to these handsome people. They are smiling. I'm so depressed I an't even do that. And I'm obese. :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 4:48 pm

Xuluwuki wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
And i just want to say, as i'm looking trough the pages, that we're all beautiful! Serious, i've never seen so many beautiful people on a forum! I think Tyra Banks and Janice Dickenson can stop doing their auditions to their modelingprograms, all the beautiful people are right here! :)

I'm pile of sh** mixed with worms and maggots compared to these handsome people. They are smiling. I'm so depressed I an't even do that. And I'm obese. :(

I for one am glad you joined our 8) club :) and obesity is not something you are locked into. I escaped and so can you! :bounce:

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 5:39 pm

ChromaticRaven wrote:
Jainz wrote:
This is my "read something questionable on the internet" face.

Nice picture of you - we all have something to learn from this - to not be to serious about the pictures we take, normally everyone including myself usually either put on a barely wisable smile, an "exaggerated aka the joker style" grin of fakeness or the: "I hate taking being photographed so much, to the point that i won't even bother pulling the corners of my mouth upwards".

*applause for your creativity* :D
I agree, he's very cute

Xuluwuki
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jun 2013, 1:23 am

auntblabby wrote:
Xuluwuki wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I'm pile of sh** mixed with worms and maggots compared to these handsome people. They are smiling. I'm so depressed I an't even do that. And I'm obese. :(

I for one am glad you joined our 8) club :) and obesity is not something you are locked into. I escaped and so can you! :bounce:

How did you escape? My family isn't really supportive :( . When I say there are too much cookies around the house they reply I must rely on my willpower. But willpower is a finite resource. So my coping mechanism for daily life became indulging in cookies. :cry: . Anyway I'm happy you escaped it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 1:42 am

Xuluwuki wrote:
How did you escape? My family isn't really supportive :( . When I say there are too much cookies around the house they reply I must rely on my willpower. But willpower is a finite resource. So my coping mechanism for daily life became indulging in cookies. :cry: . Anyway I'm happy you escaped it.

it is a matter of priorities. I valued feeling good [being healthy via healthy lifestyle] over tasting [eating tasty rich foods] good, not to put too fine a point on it. I value fitting into my clothing and liking the reflection [or at least not hating] I see in the mirror. I value good health. and I am a bit vain as well, which sorta is reinforcement for my health regimen. I had to do this all on my own with no reinforcement from anybody, and it was hard. but still doable. when I see cookies I see diabetes/metabolic syndrome/obesity and all the aches and pains that go with those conditions, it is like what those foods used to do to me have conditioned me to fear them. at least veggies will never harm me that way. I had to learn to transfer my feelgood activities away from eating and towards other things. feeling good and looking good were those other things. I used to take great comfort from eating rich food and just sleeping all the time. the thing which made me change, was one day I was at work, I worked in a hospital where I had to change out of my street clothes into hospital scrubs, and my expanding belly so warped the metal clasp on my pants waistband that it pressure welded it together and as a result I was stuck in my pants, so I went to my boss's office and asked for help, he took a pair of pliars and got me outta my pants, but his office was in front of the patient waiting area and people could see what was going on, it was mortifying for me. so I was embarrassed into losing weight/getting into better shape. :oops:
I suspect you are young, and it is best to nip these things [obesity] when you are still young and vital and have the potential to have a youthfully high metabolism, which you can get only by changing your diet and exercising. if you build muscle, that will increase your metabolism which will burn more calories thus making adherence to a proper diet a bit easier, in that you can get away with eating a bit more or a bit richer. the simplest thing you could do, would be to not totally make cookies off-limits, but instead to reserve them not as a daily food staple but as a special treat instead. thataways you are not totally deprived of tasty cookies :) - otherwise, all you have to do is severely restrict [by 90% of your present dietary intake] the amount of "white foods" [sugary starchy things, things made out of refined flour, refined carbs in general, starchy things like corn and potatoes, pies/cakes/chips etc.] that you eat. if you must have bread it should be whole wheat or pumpernickel [both are metabolized slowly in your body] and only a sandwich's worth serving size per day. replace the rich foods with fresh veggies. salad should be the main dish. I make the veggies less yucky by using 0-calorie salad dressing and things like sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds, a bit of tuna, walnuts etc. make it a point to go outside and walk vigorously [like you're late for class or something] EVERY DAY, without fail. start by walking 10 minutes, then work up to an hour. make sure your footwear is well-padded and in good shape. get used to the sweating, it is a fair trade-off and it rinses away in the shower. I do these things [plus biking up and down hills for interval training] and so far it has kept me within healthy limits. it is doable. I wish you luck. if I lived next to you i'd ask you to be my exercise partner, it is always easier to do these things with good company.

Xuluwuki
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jun 2013, 4:55 am

Quote:
the simplest thing you could do, would be to not totally make cookies off-limits, but instead to reserve them not as a daily food staple but as a special treat instead

Problem is when I eat one cookie I can't stop. It's really pathetic. This will be a major challenge to find something pleasurable that are not cookies.

Quote:
severely restrict [by 90% of your present dietary intake] the amount of "white foods" [sugary starchy things, things made out of refined flour, refined carbs in general, starchy things like corn and potatoes, pies/cakes/chips etc.] that you eat.

I tried this 1 month ago and it was horrible. I felt weak and very tired. I was barely able to plant my potatoes. I had to stop when I started shaking hard, probably withdrawal symptoms. It was at the point my parents wanted to call an ambulance. But another problem are my potatoe plants. Expected yield will be 100 kgs. What to do if I'm not allowed to eat potatoes?

Quote:
make it a point to go outside and walk vigorously [like you're late for class or something] EVERY DAY, without fail.

I already walk with the dog and he's pulling hard about 40 minutes each day. But I feel it's not enough.

Laddo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 7:21 am

Moi:

I am no longer using this account or this website. Do not bother contacting me because any messages will be ignored. The fact that you can't delete your profile while all your information is retained is also disgraceful.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 2:02 pm

Xuluwuki wrote:
Problem is when I eat one cookie I can't stop. It's really pathetic. This will be a major challenge to find something pleasurable that are not cookies. I was barely able to plant my potatoes. I had to stop when I started shaking hard, probably withdrawal symptoms. It was at the point my parents wanted to call an ambulance. But another problem are my potatoe plants. Expected yield will be 100 kgs. What to do if I'm not allowed to eat potatoes? I already walk with the dog and he's pulling hard about 40 minutes each day. But I feel it's not enough.

sorry, but I am obviously no expert. my suggestion would be for you to consult with a bariatric physician [they specialize in metabolic problems].

Xuluwuki
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jun 2013, 3:32 pm

Thanks for your help anyway. I think visiting a professional would be best.

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 9:10 pm

Figured I've been lurking on here long enough. I'm the dashing individual on the right while the lovely on the left is fine lady I somehow convinced to accept my proposal (she has a mere month to change her mind! :0p)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 9:14 pm

^^^
:wtg:

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 9:19 pm

:D :)