Page 794 of 802 [ 12025 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 791, 792, 793, 794, 795, 796, 797 ... 802  Next

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Jul 2019, 11:05 am

Why are you in Kansas? Seems quite a different world to Portland! Hardly even on the same planet.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 11:43 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Why are you in Kansas? Seems quite a different world to Portland! Hardly even on the same planet.

Oh, life circumstances and whatnot. I have plans to move there eventually. :)

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 1:12 pm

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 11:04 pm

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2019, 1:02 pm

I have only recently learned about this thread, but since a lot of people are posting real life photos and seem to feel comfortable doing so, I'll do it as well.
However, I admit I used to be a lot more reluctant and maybe even kinda scared, to post a real life photo of myself on forums. But in a certain way, I can look at WrongPlanet as if it's just a very normal Facebook page. It's okay.
I gave it some thought, and I decided to share with you a relatively new photo of me. Nothing very special about the photo, but I believe it presents me good enough. I have many other photos which are even better in quality, but I think this would be more than enough right now.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2019, 7:23 pm

^^^is that your car behind you shining its lights on you?

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Aug 2019, 1:52 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^is that your car behind you shining its lights on you?

Hey if you want to look at it that way, sure then.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 3:46 am

Noam2353 wrote:
I have only recently learned about this thread, but since a lot of people are posting real life photos and seem to feel comfortable doing so, I'll do it as well.
However, I admit I used to be a lot more reluctant and maybe even kinda scared, to post a real life photo of myself on forums. But in a certain way, I can look at WrongPlanet as if it's just a very normal Facebook page. It's okay.
I gave it some thought, and I decided to share with you a relatively new photo of me. Nothing very special about the photo, but I believe it presents me good enough. I have many other photos which are even better in quality, but I think this would be more than enough right now.

Look out! There's a car behind you!

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2019, 12:41 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Noam2353 wrote:

Look out! There's a car behind you!

No worries, it's a very friendly driver.

bhawk
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Aug 2019, 12:39 am

I hope this works.
Well hi, just found this place so i thought id introduce myself. This is me (and a rather annoying, loud friend...hence the headphones)

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 12:44 am

bhawk wrote:

I hope this works.
Well hi, just found this place so i thought id introduce myself. This is me (and a rather annoying, loud friend...hence the headphones)

she is so cute, her mouth looks like a heart. also, cool beard.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 1:02 am

^ Is that a Gyrfalcon? If so, very nice.

There Are Four Lights!

bhawk

15 Aug 2019, 2:51 am

Darmok wrote:
^ Is that a Gyrfalcon? If so, very nice.

Yup, a young gyrkin that will be used for breeding in a few more years. typical imprint just wants to scream at me all the time for food and attention lol

bhawk

15 Aug 2019, 2:53 am

ltcvnzl wrote:
bhawk wrote:

I hope this works.

she is so cute, her mouth looks like a heart. also, cool beard.

Cute.....but annoying! thanks, ive cut the beard a bit shorter now for a wedding i went to. At one point it got pretty wild :lol: :lol:

bhawk

15 Aug 2019, 3:10 am

betty_ferret wrote:
That was me a long, long time ago (6 years ago, perhaps?) with my first ferret, Betty Ferret. I am administering what I would refer to as "betticine" - a combo of Betty and medicine, duh, why am I even explaining this? She is, unfortunately, no longer with us, as she developed three different types of cancer, being the albino ferret that she was, and lost her little ferret battle (oh my gosh, I want to cry, why am I going into so much detail?!?) two and a half years ago. Albino ferrets only exist because they are specifically bred to be albino, but they are also super susceptible to a plethora of diseases. (All ferrets are, but it's especially the case for albinos.) FERRETS RULE!

Hey, thought id respond as im ferret mad too. I only have 6 atm though. theyre all working ferrets too.
Even though i have kept them since childhood (26ish years ive had them now) i have never had any get cancer or any other genetic disorder. And ive bred hundreds over the years too. Im curious as to whether you are in america as i know the genetic pool in america is massively smaller than here in the UK and that could maybe contribute to the prevalence of diseases seen in them over there. In fact, in my life ive only ever been to the vets twice with a ferret. once for a labour issue, where an excessively large kit got stuck halfway, the kit didnt make it but the mother survived and had a few others once the kit was removed. And the only other time was taking my old hob "little3" to get vasectomised so he could bring the jills out of season without impregnating them (which is very important)
2 of the girls ive got outside are from the same bloodline i got when i was 12ish. A good working ferret is not only a great companion but also worth their weight in gold for what they can achieve. I have loads of pictures of them over the years and plenty of pictures of ferret babies too, we should create a post just for them lol
Do you still have any stinkers?