Page 795 of 802 [ 12018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 792, 793, 794, 795, 796, 797, 798 ... 802  Next

SaveFerris
Banned
Banned

15 Aug 2019, 7:14 am

bhawk wrote:
betty_ferret wrote:
That was me a long, long time ago (6 years ago, perhaps?) with my first ferret, Betty Ferret. I am administering what I would refer to as "betticine" - a combo of Betty and medicine, duh, why am I even explaining this? She is, unfortunately, no longer with us, as she developed three different types of cancer, being the albino ferret that she was, and lost her little ferret battle (oh my gosh, I want to cry, why am I going into so much detail?!?) two and a half years ago. Albino ferrets only exist because they are specifically bred to be albino, but they are also super susceptible to a plethora of diseases. (All ferrets are, but it's especially the case for albinos.) FERRETS RULE!

Hey, thought id respond as im ferret mad too. I only have 6 atm though. theyre all working ferrets too.
Even though i have kept them since childhood (26ish years ive had them now) i have never had any get cancer or any other genetic disorder. And ive bred hundreds over the years too. Im curious as to whether you are in america as i know the genetic pool in america is massively smaller than here in the UK and that could maybe contribute to the prevalence of diseases seen in them over there. In fact, in my life ive only ever been to the vets twice with a ferret. once for a labour issue, where an excessively large kit got stuck halfway, the kit didnt make it but the mother survived and had a few others once the kit was removed. And the only other time was taking my old hob "little3" to get vasectomised so he could bring the jills out of season without impregnating them (which is very important)
2 of the girls ive got outside are from the same bloodline i got when i was 12ish. A good working ferret is not only a great companion but also worth their weight in gold for what they can achieve. I have loads of pictures of them over the years and plenty of pictures of ferret babies too, we should create a post just for them lol
Do you still have any stinkers?

Ferret thread you say :?:

This thread should be right up your street viewtopic.php?f=24&t=352128&start=735

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 4:21 pm

I love ferrets

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 5:17 pm

Stardust_Dragonfly
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Aug 2019, 2:38 am

bhawk wrote:

I hope this works.
Well hi, just found this place so i thought id introduce myself. This is me (and a rather annoying, loud friend...hence the headphones)

Hello! Is that a falcon? I'm having a bird of prey experience later in the year, do you have any tips? :D

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2019, 8:07 am

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 8:55 am

^^^ :queen:

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2019, 9:00 am

Thanks. Husband took it. I'm playing the Switch. That picture seems to be one of the best ones I've had in recent years. It got a lot of positive reception on social media.

bhawk
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Aug 2019, 2:39 pm

Stardust_Dragonfly wrote:
bhawk wrote:

I hope this works.
Well hi, just found this place so i thought id introduce myself. This is me (and a rather annoying, loud friend...hence the headphones)

Hello! Is that a falcon? I'm having a bird of prey experience later in the year, do you have any tips? :D

Yeah, I've worked with a large variety of birds of prey my whole life, i started in the shows, courses etc then moved into a private breeding project and also used them in pest control. Best advice is to not be scared of them. Don't worry about their beak. Its the feet they kill with, that's why you'll wear a glove not goggles. Do as the falconer says and just enjoy it. If i was closer i would have took you out with the birds for free lol

Stardust_Dragonfly
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2019, 2:37 am

bhawk wrote:
Stardust_Dragonfly wrote:
bhawk wrote:

I hope this works.

Yeah, I've worked with a large variety of birds of prey my whole life, i started in the shows, courses etc then moved into a private breeding project and also used them in pest control. Best advice is to not be scared of them. Don't worry about their beak. Its the feet they kill with, that's why you'll wear a glove not goggles. Do as the falconer says and just enjoy it. If i was closer i would have took you out with the birds for free lol

Wow, you're very lucky to spend so much time with them! And thanks, I would have been wary of the beaks and not thought about their feet- I know what to expect now. :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 2:50 pm

kdm1984 wrote:

I like the style of your hair.

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2019, 4:01 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
kdm1984 wrote:

I like the style of your hair.

Thanks. It looks that way a few hours after shampooing and conditioning it with Love Beauty and Planet coconut products. It quickly gets wilder and more unruly with humidity, though...lol

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 10:18 pm

If racheypir66666 posted a picture youwould all lose yourshit

SaveFerris
Banned
Banned

30 Aug 2019, 8:30 pm

BDavro wrote:
If racheypir66666 posted a picture youwould all lose yourshit

Does she look like this