Page 6 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2007, 4:27 pm

i'm on. only managed to get a tiny pic and even then is it on sideways. will have to see to that at a later date.

at a glance steel maiden needs to be in my locality.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 7:40 am

I feeling quite pathetic today. I think I was feeling just as pathetic the last time I tried to change ny "Shout out" on the map. I'm shouting to myself, which I guess is par for ASD.

Start whinge...

1. How does one change the "shout out".
  2. How does one set a more accurate location (I'm emailed to Frappr... I guess I've answered this one myself).
  3. Given that you know another member's map name, how do you get to their location, without wading through everyone, all 406 of us, eight at a time, on the unreadable, tiny, black font on a dark red background, that I find illegible! :)
  4. Why does the map start up centred on northern America, rather than just the word view?
  5. In deference to those with dialup connections, it would be nice if the map started up paused, but maybe that's not controllable. Another email to the Frappr bunch, maybe.

... whinge over.

PS. hyper_alien, I'd suggest that you could edit the answers to some of this into your first message on this thread. That way, when I forget the answers, I'll know where to find them. :)

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:44 am

added. Portugal. seems like Europe is not full of aspies :o i guess the reason is the language barrier in most of European countries.

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2007, 5:55 pm

I've finally added myself to the 'new' Frappr map. It seems a LOT different from the last time I used it!

ichtms
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 May 2007, 2:24 pm

I'm up on the charta...

Milamber33
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2007, 9:42 pm

Added. The dot on the map is literally within 20 metres of my house. 8O

And that's why it's called The Present.

Khalaris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2007, 2:08 pm

I'm on it, too!

There should be more people on there, I can't be the only one from Germany...

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 1:49 pm

Khalaris wrote:
I'm on it, too!

There should be more people on there, I can't be the only one from Germany...

Iam from England, but my Aspie genes are from Germany!

javier
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Oct 2007, 5:35 pm

I am there now. not many of you around, mean you.

diver3000
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Oct 2007, 6:27 pm

At Khalaris: i,m from germany, too. Frankfurt am Main. (i'm on the map. now)

merr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2007, 5:06 am

Litigious wrote:
To be honest, I haven't even read his ideas yet, but I can, like you call it "unscientifically" just look at wrongplanet and see that if Asperger's would be as dominant in southern Europe, there would be more people from Spain and Italy for example. They have almost as good internet connections as we have in the Nordic countries and the awereness of the syndrom among educated people in southern Europe would also be almost as good as here. In fact, very few Swedish shrinks know much about Asperger's, except for professor Gillberg and a dozen more. Most MD:s with a psychiatric education know very little of Asperger's other than the most common traits and very often just the worst traits, i e, the stereotype AS.

That fact alone is enough to make me think, "unscientifically", that it has been developed (predominantly) among the white people in nothern Europe, in principle north of the Alps. But I don't know how or why, as little as you or anyone else for that matter...
Could it be that the social connotation of AS and autistic traits are different here in the USA and in Europe than they are in other parts of the world, thus leading in underdiagnosis of people with AS? Maybe in some places, having AS qualities are seen as normal or desirable, so people dont find a need to put a label on it? Or maybe in other places, AS may be such a social stigma that you would not want to put a label on it in these societies? Or maybe certain cultures dont put too much stock in conditions that arent readily seen?

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2007, 12:51 pm

At first glance I thought it said "Fappr Map". :oops:

I've added my pin. (Maryland)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2007, 5:40 pm

I've added mine, as well.

Fruckert
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2008, 11:03 pm

it keeps telling me the site dont exist :x

lau
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 6:33 am

I seem to recall having to "fight" the Frappr interface, at the start, before I could persuade it to accept me.

I never did convince it to accept where I actually live.

Although I corresponded with the operators a bit, and eventually got it so it would accept my town name, next time I came in, it would have magically moved me over a hundred miles east, to London.

I gave up, in the end, and settled for being a few miles north of where I really am.

If you can figure out where you have a problem, I'll see about adding some instructions to the FAQ.

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

01 Mar 2008, 5:25 pm

It's interesting to see where everyone lives, but wouldn't it make more sense to have people mark where they were born/spent their first 3 years? If the purpose of the map is social/curiosity what we're doing is fine...but the OP suggested that perhaps there could be some medical basis to it. Obviously no one is out there "becoming autistic" at age 19, upon moving into the dorms at X,Y coordinates...so our present location is moot.

Another thing to remember is that in less-developed countries, kids are still "ret*d" if they stimulate themselves constantly and can't talk. I've known kids of all races who're autistic. I've been told by some friends who are from India, Pakistan, China, and Malaysia that children with any type of disability are generally still "disposed of" or institutionalized in those countries. I've read that in some African and Native Am. cultures, people with psychological problems are/were regarded as having a special connection with the spirit world. They're magical. Nice, hey?