right. here i go: hello fellow citizens of other planets !

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

monna
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2011, 11:14 am

(just as a side note and i'm sure i'm not the first one to point this out: i find having a "hi !" forum on a website for people who have extreme difficulties saying "hi" to strangers, rather ironic...)

i'm scared and giddy at the same time. scared, because i've just learned that there is a bunch of people out there i want to communicate with, because they seem to have been somehow stranded here as well. and giddy because damn - i knew it ! wrong planet !

old story here: always the odd ball, never had the feeling of being able to quite fit into this strange puzzle the locals call society. i - as so many others - have gotten rather good at acting of course. i seem nevertheless to have quite consciously searched for environments, both in my job and privately, where my quirks and strange habits are considered excentric rather than outright strange, where necessary routines and general being "different" is more accepted. where - say - knowing way too much about serial killers is seen as almost interesting. coping with people like that has been easier than with the average world, but i still always, always had the feeling that something is not right with me. that my eccentrities are different than those of the others, that being in this world should not be this exhausting. that there must be more to this than me just being chronically depressed.

then a new friend told me about his brother who is a diagnosed aspie, smiled a bit and said: "have you ever considered the possibility that you might be one too ?" i of course hadn't. because i didn't really know what asperger was - i'm 46 kids, there was no such thing as i was growing up. some kind of deviation of autism i thought and i quite obviously was not autistic - i could cope with the world just fine thank you very much. or not, i then started thinking. and reading - like a madwoman of course. the more i read (articles, blogs, studies, this site, 7000 other websites), the more i thought: this is incredible.

i took the aspie quiz thingy and bingo ! the best thing about it was that i could not stop giggling. the result made me so happy i could have jumped up and down (and i did. lots.) because there is an actual NAME for how i am ! and there seems to be a whole bunch of people who got dumped on this planet without proper instructions.

so: hi :-) !

postcards57
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2011, 11:30 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet... the right place to be!
J.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 11:54 am

I was your age when I discovered I had asperger's.

Rich-Z
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 12:05 pm

Hi. Welcome to WrongPlanet.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 1:30 pm

Welcome monna,

It comes as a relief I am sure. Like yourself and lelia I was diagnosed in my mid 40s just earlier this year and haven't looked back. :lol:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Aug 2011, 2:22 pm

Welcome!

postcards57
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2011, 4:53 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet... the right place to be!
J.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 12:08 am

Welkome to WrongPlanet. :)

The WP Kink

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Aug 2011, 11:44 am

To WrongPlanet!! !Image