anyone into cycling or bicycles in general?

Page 2 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

disconnected412
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2018, 8:35 am

Sweet. I was really close to getting a Salsa Cutthroat this spring

Slug on a Bike
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jul 2018, 8:49 am

What stopped you?

Money?

Devotion to your
old bike?

disconnected412
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2018, 9:04 am

I get major anxiety over big purchases and I know I rotate through my interests, so I decided to wait. If I can find one in the fall when the 19’s are out I may do that.

I’ve got a frameless Revelate designs kit for the Niner and I panicked the Cutthroat May be to much overlap between the two.

disconnected412
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2018, 9:05 am

The Jamis is steel, it’s an amazing ride. I have some 42mm WTB tires on that.

Slug on a Bike
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jul 2018, 10:54 am

I miss
the hours of
alone time
that riding
provided me

disconnected412
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2018, 2:40 pm

Gravel riding is especially good for that. You can spend hours on dirt/gravel with nobody around. C

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2018, 4:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i guess it is cold comfort to know i am not the only biker who gets harrassed by buttheaded motorists. but i also can understand the motorists' point of view, in that there are many bike riders who behave badly in terms of not obeying the rules of sharing public roadways. driving my car i have had the stuffing scared outta me by bike riders popping up out of nowhere in front of me, disobeying traffic signals and jay-biking across the lane against my green light.

Yeah I have seen some rather scary things as well like a bicycle coming out on a really busy street with like faster speed traffic which seems questionable if its a place they should actually be in the road.

But also some rude-ness, I know recently me and my boyfriend were trying to drive up to some open space area or something to walk around. And for quite a while we were stuck between two people on bicycles...I mean if I was on the bicycle I would have pulled off a little to the shoulder to let a vehicle by if it became obvious they were having to significantly slow down and there are only two lanes so no lane for them to pass in.

I mean that said another time we were getting ready to turn to pull into a state park area, and this person in a little mini cooper just started honking and honking, when we were clearly turning in and it was one of those turns that does not have a separate turn lane. So people in vehicles can be jerks to.

Oh one other thing though, some bicyclists have a bell or whatever they'll ring if they are coming up behind you on a pedestrian trail...usually that is helpful enough, at least you can hear them coming and move over to let them by. But one time this one waited till they were literally like inches behind me to ring their bell and it scared the crap out of me. So if you're a bicyclist that uses a bell...please do it at least a few feet back. :lol:

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 25 Jul 2018, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2018, 4:41 pm

I like riding—but not in the streets of New York.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2018, 7:22 pm

I wonder if i'm the only one here who likes Bikee brand recumbents?

disconnected412
Raven
Raven

26 Jul 2018, 7:14 am

auntblabby wrote:

I was going to ask about the “bent bike” from a previous post, but I got distracted and forgot.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2018, 4:08 pm

disconnected412 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I was going to ask about the “bent bike” from a previous post, but I got distracted and forgot.

"bent" is reductive or abbreviated slang for "recumbent" or reclining bike, one where the pedals are ahead of the rider. semi-recumbent versions of those, or hybrid "crank forward" designs are ergonomically easier for most people to ride. recumbents/crank-forward designs produce much less pressure on the wrists/palms and perineums of riders than regular upright bikes, and when you collide or fall off the injuries are generally less severe. the beauty of the Bikee is in its design, the seat is well-padded and shock-absorbing [on top of the gooey tunable suspension] and adjustable in rake and extension of leg length to pedals fore and aft. one just gets on it and rides first time with no drama, it just "fits" better.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2018, 5:15 pm

The last recliner I had, had a saddle attached. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2018, 5:20 pm

PearlsofWisdom wrote:
The last recliner I had, had a saddle attached. :lol:

you mean a recumbent bike?

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2018, 5:40 pm

^^er yeah.. like having those would fill up the makeshift void with the makeshift gears and throttle I just invented :D

I actually have an Adventure mountain bike. Made like in California. It's lasted me well, thus far.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2018, 5:45 pm

^^^thank you for buying amuuurican :mrgreen:

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2018, 5:52 pm

The old rent a bike Tory scheme has record proven track failure and now doesn't exist here. I have been the proud owner for.. getting on seven years.

In enlightened future retrospect,..Anytime you yanks wanna trade in your free exports, nowsa the time to do it! :lol: