Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Winged_Sweetheart
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Dec 2011, 10:41 am

I joined up a few days ago actually, but haven't gotten around to posting any introductions or anything. Been rather depressed lately. But I'll leave that for later on. For now I'll start with a little about myself. My name is, Ashley and I'm 25 years old. I have Aspergers. I didn't get diagnosed until I was 23. But I've always been weird and everyone knew it! :D My old doctor actually gave me a diagnosis of having Depression, Anxiety, and People Phobia (is that even real?). To be honest I'm not so terrified of people that I can't go out into public like a phobia would suggest. I just have no idea how to interact with my fellow human beings and rather avoid them to save myself from ridicule.

Well enough about that. I guess I should tell you about my hobbies. I guess I don't have a special interest as in what most people think about when it comes to Autistic's and "special interests". I do become absorbed in things that I like but they are likely to change at some point in time. I don't keep focused on just one thing and have been focused on that one thing since I was a child. Like I've always loved animals and really really loved reptiles. But was never ever allowed to own any. So, I just admired the wild snakes and lizards I'd find around my house. But it wasn't until recently when I finally got myself a snake (I actually now have 5) that I began studying everything I can about them. Do you get my point? If I'm interested in something at the moment then yes I do absorb everything about that subject as long as it interests me. I'll try to keep my reptile love in my blogs lol!

Other than my snakes, I have 2 cats, a dog, and a rabbit. Other than loving animals I also love to read. I really like to read fantasy. My all time favorite books are the DragonLance books. Second would be The Forgotten Realms. I really like the ones about the Drow. Then of course I like Harry Potter (who doesn't?). There are way too many books that I love to list here and so I won't. But the only books that I can not stand are the Twilight books. I don't just base my opinion on what others have said either. I read the first book. Hated it. But I forced myself to read the others and I heard that the others were better. Sorry but I disagree. But I'm not going to bash anyone who does like the books. They are just not my cup of tea.

I guess I've rambled on long enough. If anyone wants to know more about me I guess you can ask or PM me. Though I really don't think I'm that interesting. But might as well throw it out there, right?

MacGyverAspie
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2011, 11:03 am

Hi there, welcome to WP! :)

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 11:04 am

It's hard to be less interesting than me ;)

Welcome!

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 11:34 am

Hello there, Winged Sweetheart, and welcome to WrongPlanet.

My wife's a big fan of the Drizzt series in Forgotten Realms as well. Have you read Paul Kidd's Greyhawk trilogy with the Justicar, by any chance? Or have you perhaps ever played any tabletop RPGs I know both Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms are available as D&D campaign settings(I've played both in 3.5 edition rules quite a bit actually). If not, you should give it a try. Tabletop gamer groups, I've found, can be very accepting folk.

Winged_Sweetheart
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Dec 2011, 11:42 am

Sagroth wrote:

My wife's a big fan of the Drizzt series in Forgotten Realms as well. Have you read Paul Kidd's Greyhawk trilogy with the Justicar, by any chance? Or have you perhaps ever played any tabletop RPGs I know both Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms are available as D&D campaign settings(I've played both in 3.5 edition rules quite a bit actually). If not, you should give it a try. Tabletop gamer groups, I've found, can be very accepting folk.

No I haven't read the Greyhawk trilogy. I'll have to look it up and check it out.

I've never played any tabletop games. Though I think it looks fun. There is a group at my local comic shop that plays nearly every night. I like to watch them play while my boyfriend shops.

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 11:47 am

Winged_Sweetheart wrote:
Sagroth wrote:

No I haven't read the Greyhawk trilogy. I'll have to look it up and check it out.

I've never played any tabletop games. Though I think it looks fun. There is a group at my local comic shop that plays nearly every night. I like to watch them play while my boyfriend shops.

Has your boyfriend ever expressed interest in playing? He could serve as a good buffer for you to the rest of the group, or even the start of a group of your own. Personally, I think Aspies take well to roleplay. We put on so many masks in public, so it can be good to put one on that you made just to have fun.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 1:11 pm

Pretty snake. Welcome.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2012, 2:41 am

Welkome to WP

MickImage