Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

alex
Developer
Developer

27 Oct 2006, 4:51 pm

alex wrote:
welcome. may I ask how you can live in california and uk at the same time?

hmm I think that mighta been a stupid question

Wonderling
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Oct 2006, 8:19 pm

Did I say I live in both places at the same time? He he - I am a wizard! Not really. I go back and forth and wanted people to know I am a little bit of both places! :)

Life's destiny is best described
by the bass, the cricket
and how they met
on the same hook.

R.T. Sedgwick 2005

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 9:27 pm

What first struck me about the bass and the cricket is the destiny they were both about to share.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

DirtDawg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2006, 5:23 am

Wonderling wrote:
... Hi Xon - I am curious why you are interested my head injury and how it affected me. I ask because you only ask me to offer more information and don't say why my situation is of interest to you? I do hope I find someone to discuss this with - someone interested and interesting.
OK so, you field Xon's question with another question.

I am curious why you are interested in starting a thread about your head injury and how it affected you and then immediately changing the subject when you get a bite. If you have something interesting to say, spill it.

Start a thread related to Buddhism, if you want, but when someone asks questions about your studies and you suspect their motivations may not be up to your standards, you really should offer them the benefit of the doubt. Either that or freshen your bait, again.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2006, 10:14 am

Interesting question about head injury. I've gotten a concussion twice in my life, within a coupla years of each other, but never stopped to think about how it connects to my ASpyness. Do you mean a longer recovery time? Or being different, personality-wise, post trauma? Both times it was frontal, right between the eyes, about three inches above the nose. Hmmm. Must think about this.

Wonderling
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Nov 2006, 8:51 pm

Hi again - sorry it has taken me a while to reply - my PC crashed and its taking a while to sort out - I am now using a friend's.

Quote:
I am curious why you are interested in starting a thread about your head injury and how it affected you and then immediately changing the subject when you get a bite. If you have something interesting to say, spill it.

Oh my word - deal with it DirtDawg. Geesh....take it easy - thanks for your input (Wonderling says with sarcasm), but as I recall Xon just asked me to tell about my situation without offering anything more - and I think it would have been nice to hear even a tad bit more from Xon about just what his/her interest is. There are how many thousand members here? I have a right to be careful without getting attacked. 'Can you tell us a bit more about your head injury' did not mean very much to me - when considering the it with critical review. Maybe you have time to write posts such as yours - but my time is important to me. Its always nice to say something like I am in a similar situation and thus ask this...or I am interested because...so come on! Prof_Pretorius knows how to write a thougtful post and I will answer it happily. So DirDawg - chill out when addressing me if you please and if you are an aspie troll then please take it somewhere else. When my PC is repaired I will heed your advice about a topic on Buddhism and hope people actually talk about the subject instead of saying simply tell more or dishing out contempt for comtemps sake. Being an Aspie isn't a ticket to be rude. It seems some do consider it to be that way however. Anyway...

I had a head injury - closed brain trauma with quite a bad and foggy concussion - then was diagnosed with severe post concussion syndrome a few years later after a lot of problems came of it all. I slammed the back of my head on marble in a fall. They say, whomever they are, that a head trauma such as mine affects the frontal part of the brain as well - with the brain bouncing back and forth at the time of trauma - but I may not be explaining this correctly - I am not a doctor. I have really been affected by this cognitively as well as behaviourly and it has changed the quality of my life considerably. I was a high achiever before and now hardly leave home. I am finding doctors without much interest or knowledge in Aspergers don't really understand me when addressing the head injury issues. I am interested in talking to others with common issues because I think the concussion syndrome with me is different than in a non-aspie person. I was different to begin with - in other words. I think there is a longer recovery time indeed. I lost my ability to write well and develop any length without problems and I have been a writer for decades - I also have other things to cope with like not being able to multi-task. I can be quite loquatious now and have considerable short term memory issues. I can really only find memories and talk about them by association with things like where I was living or who I was with - but cannot get to who I was with unless I go through an odd progression of association. I have been told it is unusual to have such a "severe" and lingering case as the docs call it - and to have problems linger this long and I am very interesting what the aspie energy contributes to this. There is more - though I would like to see if a discussion gets going here before I "spill it'.

Thanks to anyone in a similar situation for your posts and interest in this situation. I have an appointment to discuss this again with a doctor in the middle of December - so possibly I will learn something more here to consider before then.

All the best - from Wonderling . . .

Life's destiny is best described
by the bass, the cricket
and how they met
on the same hook.

R.T. Sedgwick 2005

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2006, 10:18 pm

Wonderling wrote:
... Oh my word - deal with it DirtDawg. Geesh....take it easy .... So DirDawg - chill out when addressing me if you please and if you are an aspie troll then please take it somewhere else....

DirtDawg is no troll. Sadly he is now an infrequent poster. I thought it was a fair comment.

Here's a tip. It is so easy to look at members posts, you may want to view some before calling someone a troll. Just ask if you need help doing so. :)

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2006, 10:52 pm

It's sugar and spice ter 'ave ya 'ere! 'ope ya 'ave a Robin Hood nickle and dime and welcome!

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2006, 7:05 am

So you want to learn about how "peace of mind" works in the brain?
Well, there are generally two "feel-good" neurochemicals that cause this: Serotonin and Dopamine.
Dopamine is the reward chemical which is associated with euphoria while Serotonin is the happiness and peace chemical that makes you feel at peace with yourself.
If you want to increase serotonin levels naturally, you can buy a 5-HTP supplement.

In the brain 5-HTP is converted to 5-HT which is the chemical name for Serotonin.
At nighttime, Serotonin is further converted to melatonin which induces deep sleep.
Just be sure not to ingest Yohimbe or any other Monoamide-Oxidase inhibitors while using 5-HTP. MAOIs stops the serotonin destruction and thus your brain might be overloaded.

5-HTP is legal in most parts of the world. It's illegal here in Norway because the government are ignorant a-holes.

So serotonin is the chemical key to peace of mind. You want to avoid high dopamine levels if you're a buddhist since it makes you very energic, lustful and euphoric.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 9:47 am

Wonderling posted: Hi again - sorry it has taken me a while to reply - my PC crashed and its taking a while to sort out - I am now using a friend's.

Quote:

Oh my word - deal with it DirtDawg. Geesh....take it easy - thanks for your input (Wonderling says with sarcasm), but as I recall Xon just asked me to tell about my situation without offering anything more - and I think it would have been nice to hear even a tad bit more from Xon about just what his/her interest is. There are how many thousand members here? I have a right to be careful without getting attacked. 'Can you tell us a bit more about your head injury' did not mean very much to me - when considering the it with critical review. Maybe you have time to write posts such as yours - but my time is important to me. Its always nice to say something like I am in a similar situation and thus ask this...or I am interested because...so come on! Prof_Pretorius knows how to write a thougtful post and I will answer it happily. So DirDawg - chill out when addressing me if you please and if you are an aspie troll then please take it somewhere else. When my PC is repaired I will heed your advice about a topic on Buddhism and hope people actually talk about the subject instead of saying simply tell more or dishing out contempt for comtemps sake. Being an Aspie isn't a ticket to be rude. It seems some do consider it to be that way however. Anyway...

I had a head injury - closed brain trauma with quite a bad and foggy concussion - then was diagnosed with severe post concussion syndrome a few years later after a lot of problems came of it all. I slammed the back of my head on marble in a fall. They say, whomever they are, that a head trauma such as mine affects the frontal part of the brain as well - with the brain bouncing back and forth at the time of trauma - but I may not be explaining this correctly - I am not a doctor. I have really been affected by this cognitively as well as behaviourly and it has changed the quality of my life considerably. I was a high achiever before and now hardly leave home. I am finding doctors without much interest or knowledge in Aspergers don't really understand me when addressing the head injury issues. I am interested in talking to others with common issues because I think the concussion syndrome with me is different than in a non-aspie person. I was different to begin with - in other words. I think there is a longer recovery time indeed. I lost my ability to write well and develop any length without problems and I have been a writer for decades - I also have other things to cope with like not being able to multi-task. I can be quite loquatious now and have considerable short term memory issues. I can really only find memories and talk about them by association with things like where I was living or who I was with - but cannot get to who I was with unless I go through an odd progression of association. I have been told it is unusual to have such a "severe" and lingering case as the docs call it - and to have problems linger this long and I am very interesting what the aspie energy contributes to this. There is more - though I would like to see if a discussion gets going here before I "spill it'.

Thanks to anyone in a similar situation for your posts and interest in this situation. I have an appointment to discuss this again with a doctor in the middle of December - so possibly I will learn something more here to consider before then.

All the best - from Wonderling . . .

---

http://www.sportsconcussions.org/
http://www.givebackorlando.com/
http://www.headinjury.com/
http://www.biausa.org/

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 4:13 am

pgd wrote:
Wonderling posted: Hi again - sorry it has taken me a while to reply - my PC crashed and its taking a while to sort out

took you 4 years to sort it out? :P

PS - Dirtdawg hasn't posted here for years, you may find him on I^2